Uwharrie Jamboree Volunteers

DRaider90

Uwharrie Off-Road Volunteering
Here is an opportunity to help with an event that promotes the volunteering effort as whole. Like any event its going to take some man power to make it happen. We are going to need people to help direct traffic, direct parking, help with vendors, etc etc. If you have volunteered to help with the ECORS races or 4x4 Cross that you probably have a good idea of what we will need help with. Off-Duty police officers are being contracted to help also, so volunteers will be working with them also on occasion when needed.

We are working on getting some shirts or hats (or maybe both) together for the volunteers. So post up if you are willing to come out and lend a helping hand to make this the biggest event of the year at URE.

Please! We need your help!

I'll throw this out to help maybe drum up some support.

Scott has been gracious enough to allow ECORS to set up a tent and show some videos of what we are and maybe attract some future racers/spectators.

As extra incentive anyone who volunteers to help this event will get 2 free VIP spactator passes good for free admission into any future ECORS race. No need to contact us, just volunteer for Scott and we will get him a stack of passes to hand out when you show up to work.

Also if it is any help Scott, we have a few dozen safety vests that you could use for the day if you dont already have them.

I didn't know exactly what I'd be doing but I had planned on volunteering/being there for this.
aimg9.imageshack.us_img9_6154_thumbsupthumbsupapprove.gif

heehee.

I would love to come out and help/support. where can i get more info about this even?

Here is the NC4X4 thread:

http://www.nc4x4.com/forums/showthread.php?t=126338

And here is the Jamboree Website:

http://uwharriejamboree.angelfire.com/

what are the times? I just saw the dates March 31 and Apr 1.

I haven't talked with Scott about the exact times, but he has the time for set up to start for the vendor booths as Friday at 7AM, and closing down at latest Sunday at 7PM. So my educated guess is as long as daylight allows for each day (all day event). I will probably be out there all weekend, so I am going to be looking at camping, or maybe we can get a deal with one of the cabins organized. Get a price reduction or something, I can only hope.

I'll throw this out to help maybe drum up some support.
Scott has been gracious enough to allow ECORS to set up a tent and show some videos of what we are and maybe attract some future racers/spectators.
As extra incentive anyone who volunteers to help this event will get 2 free VIP spactator passes good for free admission into any future ECORS race. No need to contact us, just volunteer for Scott and we will get him a stack of passes to hand out when you show up to work.
Also if it is any help Scott, we have a few dozen safety vests that you could use for the day if you dont already have them.
Wow! That is AWESOME! Thank You! Thank You!

The vests would be super as well. We are right on top of NC Hwy. 109....

Here is the NC4X4 thread:
http://www.nc4x4.com/forums/showthread.php?t=126338
And here is the Jamboree Website:
http://uwharriejamboree.angelfire.com/
I haven't talked with Scott about the exact times, but he has the time for set up to start for the vendor booths as Friday at 7AM, and closing down at latest Sunday at 7PM. So my educated guess is as long as daylight allows for each day (all day event). I will probably be out there all weekend, so I am going to be looking at camping, or maybe we can get a deal with one of the cabins organized. Get a price reduction or something, I can only hope.
I am going to open up FREE on-site camping to volunteers. The camping will be at the very back of the UORTC property.
I will be tent camping there as well. One can overlook the entire area from this really nice camping area! Until right now, the only on-site camping was available to the 3 day - Swap Meet Vendors. This is primitive camping. Meaning no water or power but we will have Port-a-Lets.

Scott, I will try to make this for either Friday / Saturday. Can only be for the day as we will be up there for an entire week right after that. Have not seen you since about 94 /95 . Had an old gray fj40 back then and still do now, just now i have retired from the Army .

I'm starting to get the volunteers organized. Thanks everyone so much for volunteering!

We will have a volunteer meeting The Saturday before the event - March 24th at 10 am at the Eldorado Outpost. Please try and make it.

How long is the pre meeting? I can make it as long as I do not get anymore sickness in me.:eek:ops: While I am out there does anyone want to do some trail walk?

How long is the pre meeting? I can make it as long as I do not get anymore sickness in me.:eek:ops: While I am out there does anyone want to do some trail walk?
The meeting shouldn't last for about an hour. Hope you get to feeling better! I'll be slammed getting ready for the Jamboree, no hiking for me.

Scott, Just an idea here, but for those of us that will be up there on the workday the Saturday prior can we do a meeting that day so we are not needing to drive up there for an hour from down here in Nam.

I will be there with some others from the Carolina Trail Blazers helping out!!!!

Sent from my microwave using a teleportation device.

Okay - here it is. We will have 2 meetings prior to the Jamboree. My hopes are that this will give all volunteers a chance to see and hear what help we need and sign up for a task. We will also go over the
layout and describe where everyone is supposed to be. example - club booths, dealers, vendors, swap meet, parking -etc.

First meeting - is for the volunteers who are coming for the FS Workday March 17, that way they don't need to come 3 weekends in a row! Thanks Krzyabncanuck and Valkyrie45 ! We will meet at 4 pm after the workday at the OUTPOST.

Second Meeting - will be March 24 at 10am at the OUTPOST. Dealers and vendors will also be encouraged to come that day to preview the Jamboree.

Thank you so much Gentlemen for all your support!

God Bless You!

Scott, Just a quick question for you Sir. Where do us volunteers park that are just going to be up there for Saturday day only? I know you have a map in the other thread but i figured i would post it here for more people to see that are helping out also.

The main parking lot. Volunteers can park at the back near the camping area if they want to. The Carolina Trail Blazers 4wd Club will be incharge of parking for the weekend.

Back