Uwharrie March 16 & 17 Workday/Tread Lightly! & John Deere Stewardship Project

Which days i'll be able to volunteer.

• Total voters

Scott@BigCreek

BigCreek.rocks
In connection with the off-season planned workday March 16, the USFS, John Deere and Tread Lightly! have planned a Stewardship Project for both Saturday and Sunday, March 16 and 17 in the Uwharrie National Forest at the OHV trail heads.

$10,000 dollars has been donated by John Deere. The project will entail work on the 3 trail heads (Cotton Place, Double Parking lot and Wolfden). The work to be performed will be replacing the old kiosks with new ones, adding fencing (that nice wooden 6x6) and new trash receptacles. Statement of work my vary slightly.

John Deere will also be donating the services of a skid steer driven auger and a very cool UTV as a cooking platform. Yes! a UTV with a grill and much more (you've got to see it!)!

We will need volunteers! 4 FREE meals for volunteers will be provided and FREE camping will be available at UORTC Friday and Saturday Night! FREE T-shirts for the first 50! FREE Carabiners as well.

We will meet at 0900 both Saturday and Sunday at UORTC to meet and then head out to the work site.

I will be coordinating the volunteer effort and I will need your name, email address, club (if your a member) and which days you plan to attend. You may respond to this thread, start a private conversation with me on this forum, email me or give me a call. Also please take the poll.

Thanks and hope to see you there!
336-906-1644 scott@uortc.com

Last edited:
Scott, as you know i have been in contact with the USFS about this already and am working on getting as many ONSC people out there for Wolf Den i can. I need to chat with you anyway. I will be able to give you a more accurate acount of numbers as we get closer for ONSC.

Scott, as you know i have been in contact with the USFS about this already and am working on getting as many ONSC people out there for Wolf Den i can. I need to chat with you anyway. I will be able to give you a more accurate acount of numbers as we get closer for ONSC.
Fantastic! Thanks!

FREE Stuff for Volunteers!
- Carabiners
- 50 Specially made T-shirts ('first come first serve') see logo above in previous post.
- Camping at UORTC (Friday and Saturday Night)
- FOOD - 4 meals! Saturday (Lunch and Dinner), Sunday (Breakfast and Lunch)

I have a tractor ( John Deere ) but no auger for it. Someone could donate one to a good cause though and i will keep using it.

You can count me in!

Just posted that over on FB and on Mud.

Thanks for posting that. Now Scott why did you not let me know about this Yesterday eh ?

Back