Uwharrie on July 30, first timer!

Zacm829

Looking to check out Uwharrie on my day of Tuesday July 30. I will be taking my bascially stock TJ sport with 31s and a 8k winch. Going to bring the high lift as well. I have the updated trail map from here and am thinking of sticking to the easy/moderate trails. Would love to have a fellow 4x4er to lead the way and watch my back.

Should be at the outpost around 930 or 10. CB channel 19.

Thanks in advance.

-Zach

I went to URE for the first time last weekend and loved it! Its not hard but it is fun. I'm use to a lot harder wheelin.

I would stay away from Daniel with out lockers. 31's would get you up it but not without some traction aids.

Dickie Bell should be a good challenge with 31's and no lockers. The rest of the trails are either muddy or dusty depending on the weather with an occasional rock to work around. If its real wet I wouldn't bother running Dutch John, its slick as ice back in there once the clay gets wet.

Take your time, stay on the marked trail(no bypassing) and take out more than you bring in. Most importantly, be safe! There is little cell service in there and i highly recommend wheeling with at least one more capable rig.

Hopefully the weather will hold out for us to have a pretty dry run. I plan on staying away from Daniel.

I have review the Tread Lightly guidelines and seen the discussion of why the guard rails are in place and plan to stay on trail as I'm sure they are clearly marked. I would love if someone was available to tag along with another rig, although I understand it's during the week. I will be on channel 19 on CB if you make it out!

Thanks for the information trailrider.

-Zach

Back