Uwharrie Ticket Questions

89suki

During my last Uwharrie trip on Sunday (12/11/11), I received 3 tickets from a officer who I will not name. One for no tag on vehicle, insepection violation, and no insurance, which I had none of. After riding on the trails from the double parking lot my girlfriend and I came out at the soup bowl mud pit. It was getting dark I knew the laws of the road, however, I went against the law in this case and drove the main roads back to the double parking lot. I know what I did was illegal and wrong. After turning onto state road 553, I passed the officer with someone else pulled over, who he was writing a ticket to. I slowed down and he waved me on to go by him so, I proceeded to the parking lot to load up to head home. After taking my time to load up, aprox 15-20mins (thinking nothing of the officer), the officer came to the parking lot where I still was and wrote me the three tickets. So, I have a question after hearing different people say different things. Maybe some of you with previous experiences can help me out, or anyone else for that matter.
1.) Are these tickers turned into DMV and do they go on your driving record, or can I just pay the tickets and it not affect anything but my bank account? I need to know this for insurance purposes, and no one will answer my questions.

Even if they were turned over to the DMV none of them would be moving offenses anyways would they? So they shouldn't care and i don't think it would go on your record. Ive had a few before with no problems from the DMV or INS. company but never got one from the federal government.

Even if they were turned over to the DMV none of them would be moving offenses anyways would they? So they shouldn't care and i don't think it would go on your record. Ive had a few before with no problems from the DMV or INS. company but never got one from the federal government.

Honestly I have no idea. I have called several lawyers offices just to get opinions on the matter, however have not heard back. Thats how I see it though.

if the officer was a federal officer with the USFS it will not go on your driving record.

if it was a state park ranger then yes it can be turned into the dmv.

I learned the difference when i got pulled for 45 in a 35 on the blue ridge parkway by a USFS ranger. Pay the ticket and move on. A friend of mine got a similar ticket from a local PD on the Blue Ridge Parkway and it did go on his record.

Hope that helps.

The officer told me it was a federal matter and I have federal tickets. "United States District Court Violation Notice". Guess that makes that federal...if this is 100% accurate, thats a relief. any arguements anyone?

Those won't hurt like a speeding ticket would. I'd pay up and forget about it.

No different than HP giving you a tag ticket. I wouldn't waste money on an attorney.

I recieved the same tickets one time...It was'nt even 4 days later, some lawyer sent a letter offering services. I sent him 3 or 4 hundred dollars and did not have to go to court.

The lawyer fees were a little more than the ticket fines were, but, to me it was worth it not to miss a job by going to court.

You don't have to go to court for those kinds of tickets. Just mail it in. If you get a tag ticket and don't want to pay it, get a tag and take receipt to DA and it will be dropped. I think they call them "compliance" tickets.

My question is...how can he still give you the ticket 15-20 minutes later? I have a relationship with my local law enforcement, and I've been clocked speeding before, but due to traffic and them being unable to pursue, or me stopping off some place before they catch back up, they say they were unable to give me a ticket. When I had my Mustang especially, I never learned my lesson on one stretch of road, I'd get clocked doing 10-15 over, traffic would prevent the officer from being able to pull out, I'd get to my house, walk up the drive way and the cop would pull up behind me. He'd usually tell me I got lucky, since he couldn't prove who was driving, or maybe there was exactly the same looking car in the area, so the ticket(s) wouldn't hold up. So in your case, no tags=no proven identifier...coulda been a truck exactly like yours, and what if your buddy was driving and you were merely strapping down the truck? Outside of a visual vehicular similarity, he has no proof that he is writing the ticket to the correct person.

My question is...how can he still give you the ticket 15-20 minutes later? I have a relationship with my local law enforcement, and I've been clocked speeding before, but due to traffic and them being unable to pursue, or me stopping off some place before they catch back up, they say they were unable to give me a ticket. When I had my Mustang especially, I never learned my lesson on one stretch of road, I'd get clocked doing 10-15 over, traffic would prevent the officer from being able to pull out, I'd get to my house, walk up the drive way and the cop would pull up behind me. He'd usually tell me I got lucky, since he couldn't prove who was driving, or maybe there was exactly the same looking car in the area, so the ticket(s) wouldn't hold up. So in your case, no tags=no proven identifier...coulda been a truck exactly like yours, and what if your buddy was driving and you were merely strapping down the truck? Outside of a visual vehicular similarity, he has no proof that he is writing the ticket to the correct person.

Yeah i agree. Problem is an attorney will cost just as much as the ticket.

Yeah i agree. Problem is an attorney will cost just as much as the ticket.

Who says you need an attorney...do a little research, talk to the magistrate...etc etc. There are steps that can be taken that only take time. IMO, doing a little leg work to keep the coin in my pocket would be worth it.

You don't have to go to court for those kinds of tickets. Just mail it in. If you get a tag ticket and don't want to pay it, get a tag and take receipt to DA and it will be dropped. I think they call them "compliance" tickets.

I was running an expired TJ tag on a cherokee. Maybe the ''ficticious tag'' was the court worthy ticket...either way, I had a court date.

If these are federal tickets, I am guessing it was National Forest Law Enforcement that gave you the tickets. And if this is the case there is only one Law Enforcement officer that works for the National Forest. If there was a workday this weekend I could simply go up there and talk to him and ask. But I won't be going back to URE until February for the next workday.

Or a simple way to find out would be to call the Forest Service office. Phone number is 910-576-6391. Press what ever button it is to "talk to someone" in their recorded message. Mellisa Sanders usually is the one there. Ask her, she may or may not know the answer, if she doesn't she has a Forest Service radio and can find out.

Beyond that maybe someone on here knows. If you really want to know I don't see why the Forest Service wouldn't let you know if the tickets are turned into the DMV or not if you got in contact with them.

The tickets do not go against your license or insurance and if the fine is too much you can plead the case in court before the judge without a lawyer. Most of the time the fines are reduced. Be cordial, plead ignorance of the law, etc. (first time I've been there). Or if the trip to court is inconvenient just pay it. My guess is you'll have to go to Greensboro, probably sometime in April or March. Plenty of time to plan. Good luck!

You should have loaded up faster! lol

haha yeah it just never crossed my mind that he would come find me to write me a ticket, esp because he didnt pull me over. I have the officers phone number, the tickets are only 300, but in all honesty, I dont feel like he had the right to write me these tickets. Yes I was doing something illegal but he didnt pull me over. The tickets also say "place where violation occured" and the officer wrote "dutch john parking lot." How can I get tickets for no tags, no insurance, and no inspection in a parking lot?

Im calling the federal courthouse tomorrow to see if I can set up a time to meet with someone there to discuss the tickets. I also dont have a court date on my tickets and the tickets say I will get them in the mail but nothing yet.

I got a ticket for speeding an hour after I was at home..... The officer knocked on the door and handed me a ticket saying he saw me speeding down the road. And yes I literally was at home for an hour or so. Hell my friend had already came over so that I could have a look at his car.

As far as the URE tickets go, I don't think they go on your driving record. Just pay it and forget about it.

gs 20-313 no insurance is a class 1 misdemeanor, must go to court
gs 20-111(2) fict or expired registration plate, class 2 misdemeanor, must go to court
gs 20-183.8 (a1) inspection violation, infraction

pay the 300 or get the stuff fixed and go to court with the documents and role with it.

Back