vandalism victim; need mech/exhaust shop

oceanside78

so last night I rolled in to my apartment around 1:30am, I had been out with some friends, who had just got back from the field and was hanging out. Well I came home to someone having a party (I assume, I didnt hear music) and the parking was packed, so I had to park away from my place. I went out to my truck this morning with intentions to go to the gym, started it, and it sounds like a top fuel dragster. Mind you, its a 94 Nissan hardbody with a V6. I crawled underneath and someone hacksawed my exhaust. I started to do further inspection and realized my tank was empty; I filled it up yesterday. I figured they syphoned my tank, so I putted to the gas station and started to put gas in it, and it starts pouring out the bottom. Im pretty puzzled though, because I crawled underneath and the neck is dry, all the lines to the tank are connected and dry, and the top of the tank where the fuel pump is is connected and dry. Its drives, but I cant find where the leak is, all of the bottom of the tank is covered by a skid plate so I cant get a good visual on the sides or bottom without getting a face full of fuel.

so, can someone suggest a mechanic/exhaust shop in or around Fayetteville please? upon crawling under the truck, I also noticed what looks to be the carrier bearing that supports the 2 piece driveshaft is blown out and the driveshaft is just floating in there so I need to get that fixed.

sorry for such a long rant, Im still pretty heated about the whole situation.

yup. saw jobbed it out. Also, I just went out and inspected it again, found a hole in the side of the tank. looks like they poked it with a screwdriver. Are tanks patchable or will the whole thing need to be replaced? I can only imagine how much that will cost.

Oceanside78, I see you are in Fayetteville. I use a mechanic here in Lillington that does wonders on exhaust work and is actually pretty cheap. He tows cars to if you need. PM me, or email me if you want more info. I have let him do exhaust work on my xj, my expedition, and both of my jk's that I have had.

You need to call your insurance company. Most vandalism claims carry a $0 deductible. I got my whole car painted for free. Call them before you do anything and find every thing broke possible.

^^^^X2 and didn't you say something about them scratching the entire exterior of the truck??^^^^^

well, I took it to Kens exhaust and automotive. Kind of a hole in the wall place, ran by old army dudes. They charged me 160 for a cat, the piping and welding. I also had the carrier bearing replaced. That was quite a bit more. The drive shaft is 2 piece, and the blown bearing had to be pressed off, and a new one pressed on. I was going to do the work myself, but I do the light wrench work, and dont have a press. That was 300 for the part and install. It was a pretty painful weekend.

couldnt do the insurance route, I only have liability on the truck. Im in the Army and am supporting a wife and kid on one income. We are a little tight on money

couldnt do the insurance route, I only have liability on the truck. Im in the Army and am supporting a wife and kid on one income. We are a little tight on money
Sorry to hear about only having liability man I was PVT with two kids and a wife my self once upon a time its rough. Stay in more eat out less pinch some pennies and get full coverage you probably already paid the diff and them some. You know you could get and AER loan at any point when stuff like this happens thats what its there for and thats why I donate to it so guys like you can get cash when its needed.

Well I'm def not a PVT and you're right, I probably did pay the difference already. We aren't eating roman noodles everynight or anything but we have a few financial goal we are trying to meet, and so a good chunck of my money goes to a savings allotment each month that we don't touch, except emergencies. We have a good pillow, just sucks to have to dip into it because of some neighborhood scum. I shall digress though.

The cop that lives in my complex called me yesterday, said a fifth person called him to report the same thing in my apt complex. Looks like they had a field day with trucks last weekend. I'll just have to keep a closer eye on it. If you live in Fayetteville, watch your stuff. He said it's happening like crazy right now

Back