Vendor Section

I've seen on other forums that there is a "parts and service request" section in the vendor area. Give people a place to ask for something and get quotes rather than the vendor refferals section.

Just an idea.

Welcome

I've seen on other forums that there is a "parts and service request" section in the vendor area. Give people a place to ask for something and get quotes rather than the vendor refferals section.
Just an idea.

Hope the grand opening was good. I'de like to see BDS and would buy a lift at the right price for my XJ from ya. Olympic 4x4, Hanson Enterprises, and Custom 4x4 Fabrications.

We have enough sections for now. A section for people to request prices on parts would only encourage vendors into price wars. People do read the vendor section.

Also IMHO the type of section your requesting would only encourage vendors to read that section and reply/PM with prices. We encourage all the vendors to read the board and offer assistance and technical advice.

We allow vendors to offer ADVICE and technical information along with a "if you need that part contact me @ XYZ" post.

As I have explained to many vendors in the past, simply saying "I sell that call me @ XYZ" is not allowed as a reply to a question.

Feel free to contact me directly if you have any other ideas or input from a vendor perspective.
-mike

I was just thinking for the people that already know what they want to be able to put in a request. Not so much for people looking for advise because that is what most of the forum is about. In my opinion, when someone asks for advise now, there is nothing stoping vendors from getting into price wars, so that would not be an issue.
I also think that vendors would still read the rest of the forum and give advise and technical support.
I was just putting it out there and see what others thought.
Thanks

I dont think it's a good idea, someone worked very hard to keep Shops from out of state come in and take money from the local guys pocket. You got to remember there are Vendors in SC,GA,TN, and VA that would welcome a open Vendor section just to take a $1 off your table...

Just an idea.

If I'm looking for a part I just post up in the wanted section or PM the Carolina Rock Shop dude or DC4wd.

You should watch the wanted section if you want to supply some parts to people. Or even watch the whole board. There are plenty of opportunities with people that need parts.

Good luck!

:beer:

The vendor section is open to anyone. There is no restriction on where a vendor can be located. There are many from all the states mentioned. Many choose not to post or contribute where others contribute heavily.

Quick there is a guy asking about the difference between to different XJ lifts...

I have to say from a consumers standpoint it seems like a great idea. Post what you want and let them battle it out,if it adversely effected anyone it sure seems like it would be the vendors. Would save me a helluva lot of time on the phone tracking down parts. I try to buy from the local guy when I can, but sometimes you just can't if you need it ASAP.

I think everyone is missunderstanding me, I withdraw my request.

I'm with ya. It all makes sense. I guess maybe they would rather keep it for paid sponsors that also makes sense. Just keep posting and it'll catch on. Either they'll love ya or hate ya. But keep doing business right & you'll get a good response. I see a lot of loyalty here. But do one wrong and you'll get flamed for the next 3 to 6 pages along with over 2000 views. I see your prices as being fair from you PM.

Back