Vintage AC

baggednissan

So I've been thinking real hard about putting ac on my 51 ford truck with the 4bt in it I know the more I research the more more confused I get .any suggestions would be helpful
I'm close to Charlotte for location

I think vintage air has a system is not much bigger than the factory heater box. It has been a few years since i looked at them though. I will be looking soon for a set up for my 48 ford truck.

Don’t over think it. You need a compressor and bracket, which lots of 6bts came with so it should bolt on. The sanden 508 is like the Chevy small block of the AC world. They work well and there are a million variants with different kinds of ports. You need an evaporator and a condenser and a receiver dryer, the bigger the better on the evap/condenser for better performance. After that it’s custom lines which some hydraulic shops will do for you. Almost all of them can do the crimping of you bring them the line and fittings.

Vintage air stuff is really expensive for what it is but you are not paying for HW, you are paying for their expertise

Lots of line kits and vintage air type under dash boxes with built in blowers and orifice tubes on eBay

Back