Vintage electronics repair

benXJ

I've got 2 older large console style radio/record players (mid level stuff) that have been inop for years. Late 1960s vintage I'd say. I don't know the best way to get them back going, replace all the guts or repair what is there?

Does anyone know of someone that works on stuff like this?

A house call would be best, as they are a pain to move.

Anyone dabble in this hobby?

Thanks

Nothing to add except good luck. I would love to learn electronics repair. I have only found one place in the upstate that works on vintage electronics.

You'd probably have good luck finding somebody that nerds out on that stuff and could update the innards while keeping the exterior form and function. My cousin does that kinda stuff, but lives next door to me. So it'd be a haul.

If you can find someone that services arcade games and such, they could probably help you out.

A good friend of mine loves that sort of stuff. Has an entire bedroom dedicated to old electronics repair. Just not sure he'd drive to Raleigh.

A good friend of mine loves that sort of stuff. Has an entire bedroom dedicated to old electronics repair. Just not sure he'd drive to Raleigh.
There are a couple items I’d be willing to ship to or take to someone. Does he do it for people or just himself?

interesting. let me know if you hear either way!
Got any pics? I'll shoot them to him to see if it's anything that piques his interest.

Back