Virtual junk yard

foreman1063

Instead of everyone listing each and every part off there parts vehicles in the "for sale" section why couldn't we have a "virtual salvage yard" section.
Anyone with a parts vehicle could list the make and model with a brief description and pics. When someone is looking for used parts they could just look for there make vehicle in this section and PM the seller. Would save a lot of time wading through the "for sale" section trying to figure out who is parting out a specific vehicle.
For example, there could be a K5 Blazer thread, and anyone with that model vehicle being parted out could simply make a post in that thread. Then anyone looking for parts could just go through that specific thread.
Just a thought for your consideration.

Interesting, but there are a ton of parts that go up everyday that aren't vehicle specific, and for someone like me, I'd rather not hav to sift through 5 different sections to find a part I might need that could be used on a bunch of rigs..

People could still list specific parts in the FS section but this would be a running list of parts rigs that would not disappear every month or so. Would make the locating of specific make/model parts vehicles much easier when your trying to run down that hard to find, vehicle specific part. I have an XJ part rig, I would love for people to PM me about a part instead of re listing parts in the FS section all the time.

if you want it seperated, why not do it like this...

wheels and tires

drivetrain

body

interior

chasis

electronics

probably missing something

if you want it seperated, why not do it like this...
wheels and tires
drivetrain
body
interior
chasis
electronics
probably missing something

I like how it's setup right now, just in the swapmeet section, add a vehicle partout subsection, like the wanted, parts, misc. sections.

There's no reason to relist parts. You can bump your threads, and you can edit everything about them including the title. You can even delete your own posts in them (delete all the "bump" and "bttt" etc to clean up the thread).

I wouldn't plan on a new section. Do what has worked for others in the past...

Title: Parting out XYZ

List out the main components, Axles, engine, tranny, body etc.. as you normally would do, include your price and simply state your parting it out to contact you if they see something not mentioned.. Just not, 'hey I'm parting this out, tell me what you want' The reason is to show people roughly what your wanting for your gold plated junk and minimize the 'how much' replies that always follow when no price is listed...

Basically you know the rules, the thread is yours do what you want within the rules.. BTT it daily, keep it clean, too much chit chat, knock it off etc.

Back