Weight Distributing Hitch parts?

bowtieman55

I've got a line on a new WDH, but it doesn't have the (tightening) chains with it...what type of chain or whatever do I need to get?

Are the bars and pull ups there? Is so normal 3/8" chain from the hardware store will work. THe Ubolt holding it to the bars arn't anything special either...

thanks Mike- are all WDH rated at 10K lbs?
here's the hitch as it is being sold-it loos different than the one we used before. that one had round bars that were kinda "L" shaped. Will this work just as well?
Hitch003.jpg

Hitch004.jpg

Thats the square bar style, that is the kind I use also. They come in 800/1000/1200 ratings, it should say or be stamped into the bars somewhere. If all your missing is the chain the same size used to hook up the drop/drag chains is whats used on the pull ups.

And x2 on the grade 8 on the hogs head, those need to be tightened down a good bit to prevent the head from pivoting once its been set.

im glad to see people on here using the proper gear for towing it scares the :poop: out me when i see a truck draging the ground cause they are pulling a load that belongs behind a 1 ton truck instead they are using a half ton that the dealer told them it can pull #10.000:shaking:

Back