Weight distribution on a trailer help (pics)

dieselfuelonly

I loaded my tractor and Bobcat on the trailer today. I had to get a little creative and put the box blade in the Bobcat bucket since the box blade can't hang over the front of the deck since it catches on the shaft that goes to the crank handle for the jack.

Once everything was on there, when I picked up on the front of the trailer by hand I could make the trucks suspension move up and down a fair bit. I couldn't make the pintle ring come off the bottom of the hitch though.

I got some helpful responses from the TractorByNet crowd, but I would like some other opinions as well.

Does this look like the appropriate way to load everything up? I'm just a little worried that theres too little tongue weight, even later when I reversed the Bobcat all the way until it was touching the tractors weight box.

ai2.photobucket.com_albums_y23_Diesel_Fuel_Only_P1010046_2.jpg

ai2.photobucket.com_albums_y23_Diesel_Fuel_Only_P1010047_2.jpg

ai2.photobucket.com_albums_y23_Diesel_Fuel_Only_P1010048_3.jpg

I would weigh it to be sure, but I would think the bobcat would be happier in front. Probably pull it on bucket forward and put it all the way to the rail, then put the tractor on.

With the bobcat, tractor and trailer you are probably right around 10-11000 lbs on the setup, and should have 1200-1500 lbs on the tongue.

I load my trailer tongue heavy, probably 1000 lbs on the tongue with a 7,000 lb load, and I cant move the tongue or rear suspension without reallllllly trying.

just my .02

I would weigh it to be sure, but I would think the bobcat would be happier in front. Probably pull it on bucket forward and put it all the way to the rail, then put the tractor on.
With the bobcat, tractor and trailer you are probably right around 10-11000 lbs on the setup, and should have 1200-1500 lbs on the tongue.
I load my trailer tongue heavy, probably 1000 lbs on the tongue with a 7,000 lb load, and I cant move the tongue or rear suspension without reallllllly trying.
just my .02

x2

Seems like you basically have 2 choices, as shown in the pics or with the skid steer in front. try each one out and see how they both do. fine tune it with a little moving forward and back. When you find your ideal loading, spray paint a line on the deck so you can get it back right everytime easily

just my .02

This seemslike the best option, if it comes out too tounge heavy, or not enough, experiment with the way the tractor is facing and position to balence it out a little.

Back