What’s it worth?

93redzj

I know this site is more geared towards 4x4 related items, but I also know many on here are car enthusiasts in general. I bought a front seat out of a 4 door 67 cutlass in hopes of making it the rear bench seat for my 46 Plymouth, but it’s too wide and I need to move on from it….my dad seems to think this is a $700 bench seat for the right person. I have my doubts as I paid nothing near that on market place for the seat. But I have no idea what it’s worth. Seat is in great condition with no rips or tears, just sits lower on driver side according to previous owner

The right person who has a 67 cutlass 4 door in the correct color and also happens to be looking for a seat. Pretty small audience. I feel like you'll have this a while if you price it anywhere near that.
Those were my thoughts. Honestly I paid $100 for it. That’s what I seen other bench seats going for and thought this would work so felt good paying that price. I’m fine selling it back at that price, just didn’t if there WAS ACTUALLY a market for it. $700 seemed obsurd to me, but I’m not a cutlass guy. So wasn’t sure just how valuable these seats might be

I think it would be a hard sell at nearly any price. Maybe worth the cost of a reupholstery kit. But most would rather have buckets
yeah, the Plymouth came with bucket seats for front, nothing for rear, but wife liked idea of bench seats. Maybe I can find someone else who’s wife likes the bench seat route lol

Yep, that's about a $100 seat. No one wants bench seats and hardly anyone has 4 doors any more. Could you get more? Maybe. Do you want a big ass bench seat taking up space while you wait for an extra $50? I wouldn't.

Back