What’s killing my grass?

93redzj

So over the last couple of weeks we have noticed these little ant hill, dirt mound looking things pop up all over the yard. There’s been a ton of little worm/caterpillar looking things crawling through the grass. I’m assuming they might have something to do with it but I don’t what they are or how to eliminate, anyone have any ideas here?

Attachments

• IMG_6913.jpeg
    IMG_6913.jpeg
    407.5 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_6914.jpeg
    IMG_6914.jpeg
    352.7 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_6915.jpeg
    IMG_6915.jpeg
    333.9 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_6916.jpeg
    IMG_6916.jpeg
    351.1 KB · Views: 70
Dealing with it in our fields too. Army worms as mentioned above. They are worse this year due to mild winter last year. Dad/ brother sprayed the other day, pesticide called Tombstone at our local farmers service center but you have to have a license to buy it. I'm sure there's alternatives out there like mentioned above.

Went to Lowe’s and bought something I hope will work, if it doesn’t im gonna look into that Dylox stuff…..I didn’t realize Site One was a brick and mortar place I could have gone. Should have looked into that first I guess. At least it’s not too far of this other stuff doesn’t work out

Went to site one in Concord this morning to buy Dylox and they were sold out. Had someone come in the morning and buy all they had.

Went to site one in Concord this morning to buy Dylox and they were sold out. Had someone come in the morning and buy all they had.
Casey got granular Bifenthrin which is great but many of ya'll had bought Bifenthrin (Talstar or CrossCheck) liquid for mosquitoes and general yard bugs and it works and has a residual action too. They are chewing worms so most any contact pesticide will knock them down and or control them.

Since y'all got this all straightened out, imma hijack for a minute...

What is this thin blade green weed? And how do I get rid of it? My yard is mostly Bermuda, but I've got patches of this stuff that's trying to take over my front yard. Back yard looks good. The weather got ahead of me this year and I missed the pre emergent window, so I know that didn't help.

IMG_20240816_191121655.jpg

IMG_20240816_191128917_HDR.jpg

Since y'all got this all straightened out, imma hijack for a minute...

What is this thin blade green weed? And how do I get rid of it? My yard is mostly Bermuda, but I've got patches of this stuff that's trying to take over my front yard. Back yard looks good. The weather got ahead of me this year and I missed the pre emergent window, so I know that didn't help.

View attachment 423262

View attachment 423263
I don't know the name of that weed but a 24d product fr broadleaf weeds would probably knock it out.

Back