What a S****Y Day

neptco19

So I get up at 7:30 and look outside to see what its like and what do I see......the side window on my jeep flapping in the wind :mad: . So after some choice words and fumbling around to find some flip flops to go outside I found that my CD player and about 100 or so CD's all gone. Well I call the cops and figure that they would take forever to get there I decded to go take a shower and get ready to go to work, but nope this cop was there in record time, of course right during the middle of my shower. Then I hurry up and get out to talk to him, and were talking and he is trying to finger print my jeep (What a joke :rolleyes: ) and he says that he cant get a signal with their new high tech computer system to connect and send the report to the station. Then while hes gone to find a place that he CAN get a signal I find that the a**hole that broke in, had also stabed two holes in the driver side window. About this time the popo man gets back and I show him that, and he acts like I did it. So after having to defend myself and PROVE that I dindt do it he went back to redo his report. Once all this was done and finishing up he hands me back my checkbook and insurance card (to verify my address) I lay them on the fender and completley forget about them. Then about noon or so when I'm talking to the insurance company they need the report # and of course its written on the back of the insurance card that was layed on the fender and off in the ditch by now along with the checkbook. The kind lady on the phone says not to worry about it she dosnt really need it that bad which was good, but then begins to explain that the cd's wont be covered under the auto insurance but would be should be covered under my renters insurance. Guess who dosnt have renters insurance :( But after all this at least its $1 beer night at the baseball game tonight and I dont have to work tommorow :beer:

Its a jeep. Leave the doors unlocked, and only keep burned, I mean backed up, CDs in there. I am not even sure if my door locks work. theives will take everything so plan for it. It sucks, but I have been there more than once. Now I just hope they do less damage than my deductible. Basically, a please please don't cut the top kind of deal.

Could be worse a friend just got his Yota 4 runner taken sometime sunday night between 1am and 5 am.
Insurance told him can't help you for 30 days to make sure it is not returned or turns up.
Jon

exact same thing happend to me in Hickory a few years ago. sorry to hear that.

if you don't own a CD player in the house (yeah right), then they CDs would by default have to be used ONLY in the auto, which would make them part of the covered contents in the auto, I think...

Thats how I got mine to get covered, but that was years ago and it took a lot of letter writing, phone conversations, and laywer involvement (never got to court).

good luck

Back