What are you having for dinner?

trailhugger

Human Resources
Administrator
It's been so cold, there's been a lot of soup around here! Had to change it up...

Cheese ravioli in tomato sauce with green peppers and bacon.

20180107_181409.jpg

No pics...but salmon grilled with asparagus

Then black bean brownies made with agave (im supposed to be cutting out sugar this year o_O)

Currently grilling some chicken, our oven broke about a month ago. So lots of grilling/crockpot/fryer cooking here.

Went to the inlaws for an awesome roast lunch today, so dinner is light today.

IMG_20180107_194953689.jpg

black bean brownies made with agave (im supposed to be cutting out sugar this year o_O)

I'm sorry! Long time ago a coworker did weight watchers and brought in black bean brownies. Those were the worst burps. Almost as bad as durian candy...

I'll send you my microwave brownie recipe later... very little sugar, about two minutes to make, and tastes amazing!

My wife snuck some black bean in her brownies on me one time. I couldn't tell. Moms Potato soup tonight for me....mmmmmm

Jambalyia sausage rice & cabbage.

We got a pressure cooker for Christmas and have been using it a ton. Tomato soup made from fresh tomatoes in that thing is amazing, never thought I would say that!

Knocked out some chicken wings in the new air fryer. They were pretty damn good! Thoroughly cooked and very MOIST :D

Knocked out some chicken wings in the new air fryer. They were pretty damn good! Thoroughly cooked and very MOIST :D
Got one of those last Christmas! Also used it a ton. Haven’t tried wings. Mostly use it for baked potatoes, does amazing and does it fairly fast. Sweet potatoes are even better.

Tomato basil soup that we made the other night, and a toasted baguette.

The wife has decided she's going to put fish and shellfish back into her (currently vegetarian) diet. I can't wait to eat fish tacos at home again.

We rarely eat soup at home, I think soup gets incredibly boring very quickly if you make any real quantity if it.

Spaghetti squash with Lisa's made from scratch pasta sauce. No added sugar or salt and super tasty. Added some fresh roasted peppers and hummus on the side.
Good stuff and healthy to boot!

Leftovers/fridge clean out was tonight, no pics.
Spaghetti, homemade sauce and meatballs, Italian sausage, supplemented with some frozen raviolis.
Green bean casserole.
2 parm/mayo baked chicken breasts.
Some bar food chicken tenders from last night.
Fresh salads.
Fed 5 of us.

I wanted to whip up another batch of Copycat Olive Garden Zuppa Toscana, until I realized we didn’t have kale. Tried this over Christmas break, we liked it better than the gutter runners.

I'll have to try that, @RenegadeT !

I made some gutter runners (I use kale instead of celery) on Thursday and then my dad brought me some chicken and veggies soup that we ate with grilled pimento cheese for lunch both yesterday and today...

I had Marco's pizza, about 8:30 I pulled 20lbs of Boston Butts out of the smoker after 12hrs, couldn't resist a taste:). Wrapped in foil and set in the fridge, I'll rip it apart tomorrow.

Rib roast with grilled veggies and popovers. Mmmm.

Also made some croc pot beef stew to munch on as needed during this cold weather. :)

Must have weed in them also. You got the munchies.

The wife actually said: "You know the only thing that'd make these brownies any better would be if they had some pot in them"

Those that know my "Prim and proper" wife know what a shocker that was for me to hear coming from her :lol:

Back