what's up with cape fear 4x4? sketchy

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrHman

Joined the Band
Banned
go to wilmington craigslist and do a search for danny

you will find all of these ads

If there's some truth to this that's pretty shady. I'd like to hear the other side of the story

http://wilmington.craigslist.org/cto/934126185.html

http://wilmington.craigslist.org/pts/935852575.html

http://wilmington.craigslist.org/pts/936050106.html

http://wilmington.craigslist.org/pts/936123844.html

http://wilmington.craigslist.org/pts/936126284.html

in case they get deleted here they are

Cape Fear 4X4 and Danny's Auto(aka Danny's Chop Shop)....Stole my Jeep - $1 (Wilmington)
Reply to: sale-934126185@craigslist.org [?]
Date: 2008-11-25, 4:51PM EST

WOW!!!! Cape fear 4X4 and Danny's auto along with Sandman's Towing stole my Jeep.....Fuel pump went bad and they tow it without my permission now they want over $1200 to get it back.....and they have already striped almost all the drive train off of it....They are such ASSBAGS!!!!

I will be contacting the BBB and the AG about their shady doings!!!

danny's automotive (dt)
Reply to: see below
Date: 2008-11-27, 1:46AM EST

can someone tell us what is the deal with the jeep. was it stolen and not returned or did they tow it from the beach for no reason. would like to know what's up with D-MONEY.

* it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 935852575

Re: danny's automotive (Wilmington, NC)
Reply to: see below
Date: 2008-11-27, 11:31AM EST

I say we all surround the place and get this man's jeep back to him. From what I've read, it's called stolen property. I have a Jeep myself and if they did that to me, I would cut their fense and take it back. You can't go to jail for stealing your own car. Unless you report it stolen.

* it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 936050106

cape fear 4x4 danny get your stories straight dude!!!! - $1 (Wilmington)
Reply to: sale-936123844@craigslist.org [?]
Date: 2008-11-27, 1:04PM EST

this guy danny told us three different stories about the jeep, come on man you kept studdering man learn the law and since the jeep is at your lot YOU are responsible for releasing it but where were you at 2am last night ring ring no answer haha and sandman dont let me get started on this guy "kamel" supposedly he dosent have a last name hmmm funny that he wouldnt talk to us on the phone but hed talk to officer spencer and when you said hes nowhere around less than 10 minutes later we see you and your buddy "kamel" going down cb road, WTF!!! you told us it took 1 wrecker to pull it out "kamel" said 2 wreckers and four guys come on man you also said you knew nothing about the night the jeep was pulled off the beach but we saw you behind the wrecker with the jeep in tow WTF!!!! somthin smells fishy!!! what it comes down too is that "sandmans towing" is a cover for danny to steal jeeps me and my buddy both have worked for wrecker services and in shops dude come on man!!!!! DANNY FALLOW AND SANDMANS TOWING ARE SCAM ARTISTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the end... danny you seem like a cool dude but your shady business partners are gonna get you into trouble "FREE THE JEEP"

RE: Danny's auto(FREE THE JEEP) - $1 (Wilmington)
Reply to: sale-936126284@craigslist.org [?]
Date: 2008-11-27, 1:07PM EST

Hell yeah I say we help this guy FREE THE JEEP!!!

This is a punk kid who has left the jeep mentioned above @ south end for 2 weeks. i found out what happend...almost two weeks ago sandmans towing got a call from the park service saying come get this jeep...he wouldn't do it and decided to try to contact the owner...three different #s and none of them worked...so sandman called danny to pick it up...he said no until the park service called two more times...so he got it...the jeep was at tide line for almost a week and was soaked...danny charged said duche bag for the tow...which was 80.00 from fort fisher...then a 10.00 a day storage fee...he looked into what needed to be fixed on said duche bag's rig and just gave the said duche bag an estimate on labor and parts to fix the internal fuel pump...a complete fluid change of everything due to being in the water FOR TWO FUCKING WEEKS...the kid bitched to danny as he has online about how the park service said he could leave it there...for a couple of days, not a couple of weeks. I hope Danny sues this ass hole for slander. Also on a personal note if anyone can point this kid to me or me to him I'd like to take his face off every wall I can find. There are now idiots who want to "follow Danny home" as per CL. We all know people on the internet talk shit and have no balls to do anything. So chromerunner you may want to keep those opinions to yourself before you know details of the situation. MrHman that is the other side of the story, I have been a client of Danny's for 4 years. He is not shady @ all, he in fact is one of the most honest and forthright people much less mechanics I have ever met. He stands behind his work and takes care of his customers. Anyone who uses Danny's services will vouch for this as well. But once again, if someone can point me to that kid. Please do so.

Easy there Bryan, chromerunner was just laughing at the "Free the Jeep" sayings in those post. He wasn't saying he was leading the charge.
I think the slogan is funny, but as near as I can tell even from those posts, seemed he had it towed from abandoning it at the beach, and then was bitching about how much it was going to cost to get it back.
80$ for the tow is dirt cheap. If it was out on the beach. I know that's a LOT LESS than the normal price for getting trucks off the beach.
So I have a feeling, as is usually the case, there are 3 sides to this story. (2 parties, and then the truth.)

Sorry, this has me riled up. Danny is a good friend of mine. You're right though, it was towed for abandonment. Try leaving a car on the side of a highway for 2 weeks. It will be towed away.

It is my understanding that the Jeep now has no motor or front axle. And the owner was told that those were sold to cover the daily storage fee of $250/day.

I have no opinion and dont know anyone involved just sharing some info I have received during an email exchange.

"Word" travels quick to SC eh? There is not a damn thing missing from that Jeep.

There is a truck parked behind it though so no one is able to move it. So there ya go, there are the details. If the guy you're exchanging email is said duche bag. I'd be happy to share emails he has written as well, the kid is a tool. A lying slanderous tool.

Also, if you look @ this guy's myspace. The title reads "WOW!!!! I'm PISSED.....15 new trucks and a new building,but can't pay for my surgery.....What an ass bag!!!!" Sounds like he's trying to sue someone eh? This guy certainly thinks alot of people are ass bags, garunteed this lame son of a bitch posts rants filled with slander and lies 24/7 on craigslist. A link to myspace page so we all can see with our own eyes.

Do not post somebody elses info!

Bryan I'm not taking sides on this one but knowing sandman personally and knowing he has the contracts for towing services on the beach split between him and Waynes the kid got off lucky if infact it was towed for $80. I've seen what some of the wrecker bills were and I know of one person 3 years ago sandman towed from Ft Fisher to the parking lot at the gate to Ft Fisher and it was nowhere near $80 though wasn't outrageous. If it's that big of a deal call the insurance say it broke down ( if you can legitiamtely prove it broke down) and they will total it out and take your money.Doesn't matter how much or how little it was submerged, if salt water was invloved it's totalled automatically

All of your points are valid Josh. Hopefully this all works out, but I find it unfair this kid has slandered a reputable vendor.

Hopefully this all works out, but I find it unfair this kid has slandered a reputable vendor.

FOR THE RECORD.
CapeFear4x4 is not a listed recognized vendor for NC4x4.

I'm nit picking here, but Rob and the Admin group are very selective in their vendor review criteria, and I do not want to anyone to mis-represent your post.

sorry i just wanted to know the deal....sounds like this kid is a d bag.. How'd you find his myspace?

sorry i just wanted to know the deal....sounds like this kid is a d bag.. How'd you find his myspace?
I emailed him the first day it came up and told him to pay his bill. He offered to meet to "take $ out of my ass" My rebuttle was obvious on that one lol. If you want to see email PM I'm not posting it. It was basically an exchange of me baiting him into ignorant comments. :popcorn:Anyway I just myspace searched his email address.

Anyway, so now you all have the other side of the story I'm done playing watchdog from my blackberry. Happy hoildays everyone, I hope thanksgiving and black friday treated you all well.

This it what I hate about the internet someone can remain nameless and faceless and say anything they’d like about anybody. If this guy left his rig there for more than a couple of day’s people had probably started taking parts off of it before it was ever towed. The park people probably did tell him it could be left there for a day or two, but they probably also told him it was not their responsibly too. Also so if it was there for more than a couple of days they would have been in all rights to have it towed and the towing and/ or storage bill is the responsibly of the trucks owner. This guy has probably discovered he is in the wrong and decided not to man up and be responsibly and just pay the bill, so like so many other people in it day and time it is someone else fault. So if it was me at this point I’d just forget about it and write it off as a lost and buy an new rig because if it was that big of deal to him it would have not stayed the any more time for my to have got my other truck or a friends and got back and moved it myself.

OK...Guys....Hi....My name is Randy...Im new to the group and I am the owner of the Jeep at Cape Fear 4x4/Danny's auto.....after a friend told me all you guys on here were bashing me....So I feel the need to defend myself here....First off if the tow bill would have $80 I would have picked it up no problem,but Mr.Farrow(Danny)give me a bill for $1285.00(email me for a copy if you want)...but to start off I was going fishing and the jeep broke down on the beach....I called the park and told them I had to order the fuel pump for it and it would be a few days and they said no problem....few days later UPS droped off my pump....went back to the beach and no jeep......went to the park office and no body there knew anything about it.....they said they had seen it and thought I had fixed it and took it home....fast foward a few days later and I get a call from a buddy and he had found my jeep.....went to Cape Fear 4x4/Dannys auto....got the bill from Danny and it was $1285.00 I said jokingly you must have fallen down and bumped your head,Danny then pulls a torque wrench from under the counter and says I'll bump you on the fucking head and chases me and my 2 year old out of his shop and locks the door....I then jump in my Mustang and do a burnout in front of his shop then drift around it....danny runs to his jeep and takes off......I come back the next day with the police and then Danny starts telling me I have to see Sandman to get my jeep,but he didnt have a number for me to get in touch with Sandman was told to call the number on the invoice,but never got an answer and no call back....I asked Danny if he or Sandman have a business license since he dont have one hanging in his shop....I was told I dont know....by law if someone asks to see your business license you have to show it.....But that what all happened.....I havent heard anything else back from danny or Sandman...But I am going down to the BBB and CoC and new hanover county tax office and if these guys dont have a license to have a business they have no business to even have my jeep and need to be shut down.....as far as the guy who keeps calling me a kid(im 37) and wants to bounce my face off every wall he can email me for my home address!!!

i guess you've never been towed off the beach or had to pay tow/storage fees before 'eh?

cost my buddy $800 to have his broken down truck recovered from the tip of the fort fisher a few years back....

between the tow and storage it sure doesn't sound like the price is out of line at all to be honest....

-Erik <--- has never seen danny run, let alone to his jeep while carrying a torque wrench and in pursuit of an irate customer, lol

I then jump in my Mustang and do a burnout in front of his shop then drift around it
With your 2 year old huh? Im sure you took time to put him in a car seat too.
as far as the guy who keeps calling me a kid(im 37) and wants to bounce my face off every wall he can email me for my home address!!!
See quote 1.

Why...yes I did put my 2yo in his car seat and Danny wasnt chasing me.....I think he was running scared....But he did try and run me off the road the next day.....But it is what it is.....If Danny and Sandman are legal then they have nothing to worry about,but if they are running an illegal business I will take this as far as I can go with it by reporting them to the proper authorities and taking them to court or they can simply bring my jeep back and we can forget any of this ever happened.....the choice is theirs!!!

I go back to the one main point I said was if it was mine I'd would have had it moved with in a few hours not a couple of days. Besides changing a fuel pump in the sands not easy either. I've also had a car towed a time or to for parking were I was not suppose to both times they cost me $250 to get my cars back and they only had them for an hour or two. Also I'd would hate to see the bill for this jeep how depending on how long its been there now its probably more than it wroth any way.

you are right.....its probally not even worth $700.....But now it has gotten personal!!!!

And Im still waiting on Brian to email me for my address and knock my face off the walls!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back