Wheel Spacer Info

ProjekTJ

After switching over to the 36-13.50 15 Irok I found out that my rear 8.8 that has been swapped in is causing the tires to come in very close contact with the upper spring perch. I'm talking less than 1/4". Rather than buy new wheels with different backspacing I'm going the route of the wheel spacer. I pulled some information that Greg Horton & Slade were discussing from another post. Ebay has a few sellers that provide spacers that look as if they will function pretty decent and they've got great feedback. I've developed a few questions that I figured I'd post up here until the company calls me back. They are on Pacific Time so they won't be open for a couple of hours.

Since the 8.8 swap should I be concerned with the fact that the wheel spacer are hub centric? Stock jeep wheels will fit on an 8.8 so I'm thinking this isn't an issue. Both Stock (D35 or D44) are 5 on 4.5 as is the 8.8, so that's my logic. I could be wrong.

Also, being that the tire is so close to the perch --how far should I push them out. My range is 2" Max and 1" Min. I'm leaning more towards the 2" since I'm already narrow...and any articulation at this point causes an immediate contact. I need some room to allow for travel.

Here is the link to the company...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/WHEE...ryZ42614QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

again, I have contacted the company and I'm waiting on a reply...this is only to gather more thoughts and information.

Thanks,
Staton

thats the same company I got my 8.8 spacers from. I ended up getting .75" spacers because thats all I really needed. They really are pretty good quality for the money. Only problem I ran into was that they were short enough to where the studs in the shaft stuck out through the holes in the spacer to where the wheel wouldn't sit flush on the spacer. An angle grinder fixed that with ease.

I don't think I'll have that problem since I plan on running at least 1.5" spacer. Do you have an 8.8 Puma? If so, what spacer did you order....jeep specific or Ford specific?

One problem I do have is a sheared stud on the 8.8. Not sure at what point it was sheared but none the less I can still get a lugnut on it and I think it'll be alright with the spacer bolts.

Well, I went ahead and ordered them from the company that I posted the link for. I called them and spoke with a "tech" for the company and he was very informative and nice to deal with. They'll ship out today and should be here in 5 days or less, supposedly.

I guess my next post will be concerning the fitment and quality. Stay tuned. I think Slade ordered some from them too.

-Staton

yeah i have an 8.8. I only opted for the .75" spacers on each side because the entire housing is only like an inch or so shorter than the D35 that it replaced. Quality/fitment/etc was all top notch.

ProjekTJ said:
Well, I went ahead and ordered them from the company that I posted the link for. I called them and spoke with a "tech" for the company and he was very informative and nice to deal with. They'll ship out today and should be here in 5 days or less, supposedly.
I guess my next post will be concerning the fitment and quality. Stay tuned. I think Slade ordered some from them too.
-Staton

we had a quick discussion on them about starting on page 2 of this thread:

http://www.nc4x4.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7528

I ordered mine Saturday evening, and they shipped out on Monday...tracking numbers shows them due here next Monday...

Slade was trying to figure size, but it looks like he went with 2" based on a post he added last night...

I ordered them based on some positive feedback from some guys that have been running them pretty hard for a year or more...

I went with 1.5" spacer, trying to make a little more room for the coilovers...just hope I don't regret not buying 2" ones...

Greg

Well Greg, I went 2" so if we are both in regret we can always swap. I just needed a lot more room and could also use the added width since I don't plan on going any lower in height. I'm expecting mine to arrive next Tuesday and the order was placed today. Greg, I'm guessing you did 1.5" front and rear, correct?

I read the discussion from the other post...even before I knew I needed some help. This company seems to be a good one after talking with them and others that use their product. I'm hoping we are not disappointed.

ProjekTJ said:
Greg, I'm guessing you did 1.5" front and rear, correct?

yep...BTW, did you get my email?

too much room won't hurt me, so if you wanna swap before we ever install them, let me know...I'm up for it...

Greg

Back