Wheels for my rubicon

flxdrubi

IM very close to lifting my new rubicon and need to know if due to the brakes on it will i have to stay with a 16 inch wheel for clearance reasons. Also is there enough back spacing on the stock wheels for me to run 33/12.50's on them. Any help would be great thanks.

flxdrubi said:
IM very close to lifting my new rubicon and need to know if due to the brakes on it will i have to stay with a 16 inch wheel for clearance reasons. Also is there enough back spacing on the stock wheels for me to run 33/12.50's on them. Any help would be great thanks.

are you asking if you can go down to a 15" wheel? or up to 17" or bigger?

you won't want to run 12.50's on the stock wheels without a set of wheel spacers...

if you want to drop to 15" rims, you can just some with proper BS...and if you go steelies, you'll be cheaper than buying spacers, plus the tires will be cheaper...

Greg

Yeah i wanted to know if i could fit a 15" wheel in order to save some money. So with the right backspacing ill have plenty of room to clear my brakes?

flxdrubi said:
Yeah i wanted to know if i could fit a 15" wheel in order to save some money. So with the right backspacing ill have plenty of room to clear my brakes?

yep...same brakes as on a "regular" TJ...since you can even get the 4-wheel disc option on a Sport now...

Greg

Thanks for the info it really helped. Now all i have to do is decide what wheels will look good on the jeep, and what tires i want (hate these MTR's),

Thanks, Austin

go with 3.75" backspacing, that's what I have on my Rubi. Work just fine. It's been a while, but I think they come with 17's anyway. I quickly sold mine on ebay for $800, but this was back in 2003 ;)

Back