Where can I get dana 44 spring perches for yj

fordtrucknut

Hate to ask such a noobish question..but I can't find what I'm looking for...
I need a spring perch to put a full width driver drop dana 44 under my yj..The perch needs to be cut 2 different sizes..half sits on the Hogg head half sits on the axle housing itself..
I know they have to exist but I be danged if I can find them!

Most people buy or make a standard perch then cut out the other side with a bigger radius to fit. Call MUD Pro if its not something you want to attempt. Give him the small diameter, large diameter, desired span and width and he will cut and form it perfect. He may have a in stock application.

Not sure what the spring perch width is on that axle you are using, but if possible why not leave those spring perches alone an outboard your leaf spring mounts and shackle hangers on the frame? We did this in a quick afternoon on a buddy's YJ years ago when he swapped in a GM D44.

Well that creates a hole new debate...doesn't out boarding the springs give less flex due to the springs being closer to the wheel?

In his case, I think the stock perches were ~31" and the GM was ~32". Very minor. I would agree with your statement. In your case, the Ford is 32.5", so you need to slide them out 0.75" on either side. Remember that if you are also going full width that means you have more axle length hanging off the sides so even with slightly less flex it will reach further down.

Ok thanks. ..The dana 44 was kinda just a random wild hair..but then I realize if I'm gonna start spending money buying high steer arms..cutting up dom building steering arms and blah blah blah...I may as well take that money and use it on doing the same stuff to the 60

We make spring perches for this application. Call me at the shop if I can help.

- Dan

The spring perch issue made me come to my senses and decide to do something cool..jeep is in the middle of getting 3 link front 4 link rear and now has front king pin 60 under it lol but thanks for the help anyway guys

Attachments

• 20150103_124449.jpg
    20150103_124449.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 445
These are what I used when I went SOA on my YJ with Scout II dana 44's. Front passenger side needed to be modified, but the others were weld-and-go.

1651359855467.jpeg

These are made offset with special u bolt for the pumpkin and the other 3 fit the axle tube. Soa ford hp44 to yj it was a rubicon express kit years ago but they don’t make it anymore. HMU if someone wants this, it’s in the for sale section

Back