Where to buy scrap steel?

phatmax95

Where are some good places near to Kernersville to buy scrap steel, or new steel but on the cheap? I've heard of Walnut Cove Salvage but have never been, Atlantic Scrap is right here but have no idea if they sell or just take in.. and have heard mention of DHGriffith, but can't find any info on them.

Looking for some opinions if you have dealt with any of these places or have other recommendations.. Also, what is the cheapest!

Thanks,
Tyler

DHGriffith is located on Hill Top road in Greensboro between 68 and Highpoint Road.
I have been told the place in Walnut Cove has a good selection too.

Sam(slim)

I have been to both DHG & WCS...

DHG = everything out in the open, in "plain sight"... prior to the big price increases a few years back, they cut you a deal depending on whether you needed a reciept or not... a bit far for a quick afternoon strike, without taking 1/2 a day (they close *promptly* at 5PM!)

WCS = everything is "hidden" down a maze of dirt roads/turnouts & covered with "vegetation"... not really a find what you'd like place, but the owner said he'd give T4WDA a discount (don't recall the %)... prices were not bad for scap, but he really "pushed" ordering some in "if he didn't have it" & charged us to cut the crap we bought just so it'd fit in the truck... his availablity gets VERY sketchy in the afternoons past about 3PM, but is "open" until 5PM...

K-S (K&S?) Salvage = out Hwy.67(?... Reynolda Rd.) has a butload of "stuff" and is open on Sat. AMs...

???? Salvage = off of Jonestown Rd. down behind the FoodDog grocery supposedly has acres of "stuff" also, but I've never been there

Back