Who has a CNC plasma that can handle 1" steel?

bgaidan

Looking for a shop private party with a CNC plasma that can cut 1" mild steel. Closer to Reidsville/Greensboro the better. Called around to a few shops and none have been able to do much over 5/8". Once place said they had a partner shop that could do it, but it's been like pulling teeth to get a quote or even response after I sent him the CAD files. Part size is approx. 22" x 7.5" - 2 pieces. I can supply the material.

Alternatively, if all else fails, I may be able to laminate two 1/2" pieces and weld them together, but that's less preferable.

Suggestions?

If you can’t find a closer shop, I’d suggest calling Laser Bros in Graham. They have been great to work with on past orders and can cut that thick.

Last edited:
If you can’t find a closer shop, I’d suggest calling Laser Bros in Graham. They have been great to work with on past orders and can cut that thick.
Looks like their max is 3/4"
If you don't mind traveling across the line into Virginia there is a guy I use that should be able to do it.
Shoot me the info if you don't mind. Don't mind driving a bit.

Bibey can do it, they have a shop in Greensboro and Reidsville.

Bibey Machine Co Inc
(336) 275-9421

Bibey Machine Co Inc - Google Search
I'll give them a shout. Their shop is only about 15 minutes from me. I knew they did fab, but wasn't thinking of them for this for some reason.

Bibey can do it, they have a shop in Greensboro and Reidsville.

Bibey Machine Co Inc
(336) 275-9421

Bibey Machine Co Inc - Google Search
When I was at the paper plant (tiny ass Italian lathe and a welder 🤐), they made about anything we needed. Their shop manager, Mike Danford was excellent, but lost touch with him after 30 years...

Back