Who has the battery hookup?

jeepinmatt

..l.
Looking for EIGHT 12 volt golf car batteries like a Trojan T-1275 or US12V XC2 or similar 150AH 12 volt traction batteries.

Ok, I gotta know what you're doing with them.
Yep, like @jcramsey said, new batteries for the Polaris Ranger EV. I've been nursing them along for a few months, but it's time to bite the bullet. They were old when I bought it 2 years ago. I thought I was going to do a lithium conversion and knock 500lbs of weight off, but I don't have time to mess with it, the affordable battery options are not that great, and the great battery options are not that affordable :D So just trying to get it rock and rollin' again and will reevaluate lithium in 4-5 years when the next set is getting weak. Maybe next time you're over you can take it for a spin (if I have working batteries by then :lol:)

Yep, like @jcramsey said, new batteries for the Polaris Ranger EV. I've been nursing them along for a few months, but it's time to bite the bullet. They were old when I bought it 2 years ago. I thought I was going to do a lithium conversion and knock 500lbs of weight off, but I don't have time to mess with it, the affordable battery options are not that great, and the great battery options are not that affordable :D So just trying to get it rock and rollin' again and will reevaluate lithium in 4-5 years when the next set is getting weak. Maybe next time you're over you can take it for a spin (if I have working batteries by then :lol:)
I didn't realize it was electric lol. Now I'm intrigued.

@jeepinmatt call me tomorrow and I'll see what I can do

FWIW, lithium or LiFePo4 chemistry, is miracle-like. I have two 12V 150AH KiloVault lithiums that I use off-grid for our refrigeration circuit (as a 12V 300AH bank) and they're really incredible. Some quick, super cool things about them:

-Not as temperature sensitive like traditional technologies for charging
-Incredibly lightweight
-Potentially the most important thing, they can go from 100% charge down to 0% charge thousands of times. Whereas traditional technologies only want 50% depth-of-discharge for repeated cycling. This is maybe the coolest part, because your effective battery bank size and usable capacity is 2-3X typical technologies.
-The ones I have, have their own onboard voltage regulators and protective features. You can't really overcharge them, because they will "open circuit" before that happens.

I have two 12V 150AH KiloVault lithiums that I use off-grid for our refrigeration circuit (as a 12V 300AH bank) and they're really incredible.
Screenshot_20201209-160305_Chrome.jpg

I would need 8 of those! :eek: heck, even if I just did 4 of em...
the affordable battery options are not that great, and the great battery options are not that affordable :D

View attachment 332740

I would need 8 of those! :eek: heck, even if I just did 4 of em...

Halfing the bank sizing is typical with lithium. @jeepinmatt Are you running a 48V system or what?

Generally the main benefit is that you buy a 10 year battery versus a 5 year battery. If the traditional technologies are half the price and last half as long, it’s an equal lifecycle cost. For my solar application with daily deep discharging, it makes sense for me. I need a multi-thousand cycle battery as opposed to a multi-hundred cycle battery.

Last edited:
Halfing the bank sizing is typical with lithium. @jeepinmatt Are you running a 48V system or what?

Generally the main benefit is that you buy a 10 year battery versus a 5 year battery. If the traditional technologies are half the price and last half as long, it’s an equal lifecycle cost. For my solar application with daily deep discharging, it makes sense for me. I need a multi-thousand cycle battery as opposed to a multi-hundred cycle battery.
Its a 48v system with 2 banks, each having 4 12v 150ah batteries

Bumping this up, looking for two 12v batteries for the cucv. Currently has the big square factory style, can't remember the group number, but open to just a typical decent top post battery.

That electric Ranger is freakin cooool!

FWIW, I ended up getting them from JT Kustoms golf carts near Kernersville for about $140/ea back in December. Second best price I could find, but the local guy who was cheaper ghosted me when I said I wanted 8. Go figure, why post on FB if you don't want to make money?

I got a couple of trojan 6v last year for 125@. Lots of golf cart places around Pinehurst, I called around and picked the lowest. Fixing to buy 6 more, will do the same.

For car batteries, we have a place here that sells "reconditioned" batteries for $35 each. I probably average getting 4 years out of one. Just replaced an AA battery (new from the store) in the F250 that only lasted 38 months.

Bumping this up, looking for two 12v batteries for the cucv. Currently has the big square factory style, can't remember the group number, but open to just a typical decent top post battery.
Group 31 truck batteries work great, and are relatively cheap.

Back