Wifes JK gear ratio?

Scott86MJ

My wife has a 14 JKU and she is wanting a lift and tires. I ordered a 2.5" lift and we are going with 35's. For a strictly on road DD what gear ratio would yall go with. It is an automatic. Thanks

4:56 should be about like stock or slightly deeper. JKUs are heavy so 4:88 may even be better. Someone with some real experience can determine better. But def 4:56 or higher.

4:56 should be about like stock or slightly deeper. JKUs are heavy so 4:88 may even be better. Someone with some real experience can determine better. But def 4:56 or higher.
I was thinking that 4.56 would be closest to stock. I would like to wake it up a bit, i think it has 3.73 gears now and seems sluggish with factory tires. I also want to consider MPGS, shes drives it 200 miles to the beach probably 8 or 10 times a year.

My wife has a 14 JKU and she is wanting a lift and tires. I ordered a 2.5" lift and we are going with 35's. For a strictly on road DD what gear ratio would yall go with. It is an automatic. Thanks

I was thinking that 4.56 would be closest to stock. I would like to wake it up a bit, i think it has 3.73 gears now and seems sluggish with factory tires. I also want to consider MPGS, shes drives it 200 miles to the beach probably 8 or 10 times a year.

If it is in fact 3:73 now, then 4:88 would suit you best for a 35 IMO, but you need to confirm the current ratio. At the end of the day the difference is not that great and you’d probably benefit more from the 4:88 over 4:56 since they’re underpowered for a 5k+ vehicle with a V6.

If you don't plan on anything larger than 35's, 4.56 is fine. That's what I have in my 12.

They were just about perfect on 35's, not quite as good on 37's but not horrible. I really only notice it when towing thru the mountains.

However, when I regeared many years ago, I never thought I would be on 37's. If I ever thought I would be on 37's I absolutely would have done 4.88's.

Back