Will a jeep nv3550 bolt up to a jeep 360?

I have heard yes and no but i cant get a 100% accurate answer from anyone...I know the dodges had a 360 with the 3500 behind it my friend has one in there. He swamped it, water in the motor pulled the motor found a jeep 5.9 and dropped it in the dodge. Is the bellhousing the same or can i swap the housing out...and make it work.

yes, a 3550 from behind a 4.0 will 100% bolt up to an AMC 360. The AMC v8's share the same bolt pattern with 4.0's.

Now, getting the proper clutch, flywheel, etc, I cant help ya there.

If you are talking a 4.0 3550 to a Jeep/Dodge Magnum type 360, then no it wont bolt up.

I have an old cherokee cheif that had the 258 in it put a 98 4.0L with a 3550 after lift tires and gears the 4.0 just doesnt cut it trying to move the big heavy truck plus its got a knock in it.

I was trying to figure out what 360 would work? I wasnt sure if the blocks changed over the years or not as for bolting up the bellhousing...

Thanks for the help!

I dont think an amc 360 would be much more power than the 4.0. I have a 360 in my cj and its nothing compared to newer 4.0ls

I found a deal on another 4.0L with very low miles so i think im going to do the swap and build a 4.6 stroker with the old motor. Thanks everyone that commented across the board after talking to other people i found out that the 3550 is a direct bolt up to any of the amc motors it just will not bolt up to the newer 360s.

Back