Will gas prices slow your 4 wheeling trips?

DOUGHBOYDD2500HD

I am wondering if people on this board will be affected by the new gas prices. Will you be 4 wheeling less?? Taking less 4 wheeling adventures to none local trails?

KRAWLER :smokin:

Yup. I can't justify spending $60 just to go down to Uwharrie. Trips elsewhere will unfortunately become less frequent until either gas drops in price, I get a big raise, or I win the new NC state lottery. Until then I will probably cut back to once a month or once every other month.

Yes, I'll be travelling more slowly, to save fuel.

no, gas prices will not effect my wheeling

(mainly cause I never have enough time to wheel anyways, and that does not look like it is changing)

Nope, jeeps broken anyways. We are taking the wife's jeep to URE soon though.

With my highly efficient fullsize bronco mileage, I think I'll drive to Moab. Kidding aside, driving to Uwharrie might be my limit. Trips to Tellico, or Beech Mtn are definately out.

Rich said:
Yes, I'll be travelling more slowly, to save fuel.

The only way that will happen is if you duct tape a 2 inch block of wood under the skinny pedal of the oil burner... :flipoff2:

I was planning on going to Brown Mtn. and ride this Sept. Now though with gas at $3.09/gal, I can go to Uwharrie and ride 3 times for what it would cost to go to Brown Mtn. once. :mad: The bright side is a free place to stay only 7 miles from the trails at Uwharrie... :driver:

<><Fish

Joel said:
Yup. I can't justify spending $60 just to go down to Uwharrie. Trips elsewhere will unfortunately become less frequent until either gas drops in price, I get a big raise, or I win the new NC state lottery. Until then I will probably cut back to once a month or once every other month.

im with you. this trip to crackers neck is gonna cost me over 100 bucks. :( and i spent that 3 weeks ago goin to tellico. which is twice as far. if it doesnt go down in the next couple months i dought ill be able to afford the paragon trip. :mad:

URE, Telico, about $130 in fuel( not counting pane used)
Mnt City, about $70

Drive a little slower, use the wife's ricer more, eat more beans and taters, less meat,....Someway somehow, I hope to wheel more

purpleTJchick said:
no, gas prices will not effect my wheeling

(mainly cause I never have enough time to wheel anyways, and that does not look like it is changing)

I'm with ya on this one.... :lol:

No it won't affect me at all.
If I didn't have teh money to blow I wouldn't do it anyway. I can cut back on other less important things like eating out and drinking.

Yep, I will make less trips than I had planned on. I just bought a brand new truck camper to use for wheelin trips. Now I am selling my ATV in order to purchase a cheap car to ride to work in. I travel 110 miles a day to work alone. I have increased my fuel milage on my F350 to 21 mpg by lifting my right foot. A tank of fuel now cost me $110-$115. :mad:

Topped off my wife's Camry and my Jimmy on Saturday.

Camry: $36.00

Jimmy: $45.00

Then I had to run some errands today (Sun) and put another $10 in the Jimmy on the way home.

And that was at the CHEAPEST place I could find, and no, I'm not telling anyone where that is! :flipoff2:

wont affect me at all, with my samuria getting 25 MPG wheeleing trips arent that expensive

Regular Unleaded past the $3 a gal. this weekend. Haven't driven the Jeep but a couple of times in the last two weeks. I ride my Harley as much as the weather will allow... which is a lot in NM.

Back