Will need Artec truss and tubes welded on an 8.8...

thexjfiles

So I have a nice 4.10 geared 8.8 I've owned for about 12 yrs. Since the pos D35 in my 98 GC is howling like a banshee, and I'm running roughly 32" tires....I'm thinking its time to put that 8.8 to use in my Grand. Ill have to re-gear the front also since I have 3.73s....

So who is a cracker jack welder/fab guy in the Triad that's not overly expensive that I can trust to weld the tubes and a truss from Artec on to my 8.8?

No one responded? We're in Hickory, if you dont find anyone over that way!

I'll be happy to weld it on for ya. I have done plenty. Shoot me a pm. Thanks.

Great ! I will keep you guys in mind, and also recommend you to all the XJ guys that have been to my place.
Thanks.

aeastcoastgearsupply.com_images_F66857344.jpg

If you want to come to Raleigh... We will weld and run the brake lines, Ect. Any other imaginable part for the 8.8 swap is in stock.

Now Im actually leaning more towards an entire 3.73 geared 8.8 with Artec truss from ECGS. Price seems reasonable, and I can pick it up when done.
Ill finalize options and give you guys a call.

Question, why 3.73s? I know the front is 3.73, but rehearing both to 4.10 while the rear is apart may be the way to go

Yeah, just to save some bucks. Its my DD, and want to do some long trips in the future....

Back