will they fit??

88yota

i am looking at buying a 25' deck over gooseneck. I have a regular cab short bed yota and my brother has an xj. will they both fit in the trailer? it's 20' with a 5' dove tail

Caver Dave is right-- YJ wheelbase is 7'/ 9" @ the axle ends and 12' give or take a couple inches bumper to bumper

The xj has a fairly short nose so it should go first. Measure front bumper of xj to the rear axle of the yota. The bed can hang over and the rear axle can be on the dovetail if need be. I don't think the rear of the yota will weigh enough to make a difference that far back. I could almost fit my K5 and my focus on a 20 ft tag along. The trucks would have to be within an inch of each others bumpers LOL.

It could be done if you measure first. Take a can of spray paint and mock up a deck on the ground (the paint will be gone in a few weeks with a decent growth of grass). I would start with a fence or the side of a building or even a tree and measure from there. Make sure you mark the start of the dovetail. That should give you a visual of how they fit.

Back