Winches

anvilrubi

I’ve recently started back going to Ure. Thinking I should invest in a winch since my old won went on down the road with my old rig. So is hf still the way to go for a budget winch or has something better out?

HF 9k or 12k is hard to beat, especially for the price, and the wireless remote option.

A couple of years ago we were buying smittybilt winches instead of harbor freight because they had a longer cable.

I’ve recently started back going to Ure. Thinking I should invest in a winch since my old won went on down the road with my old rig. So is hf still the way to go for a budget winch or has something better out?
HF special....if you're only going to UNF, doubtful you'll use it much, if at all.

A couple of years ago we were buying smittybilt winches instead of harbor freight because they had a longer cable.
I've gotten 3 Smittybuilt X20 winches in the last few years. My Jeep, Son's MJ, and the TJ. I have abused mine. I would buy another one.

I've gotten 3 Smittybuilt X20 winches in the last few years. My Jeep, Son's MJ, and the TJ. I have abused mine. I would buy another one.
I’ve had a couple of those myself, never had any problems. If I could find a 12k for the right price I’d probably pick one up.

12k HF Apex FTW. You can get them in either steel or synthetic line. They are also never excluded from any of the coupons, so if you are not in a tremendous rush, pick up one when a 20-25% coupon hits.

I have 2 of them and they are fast. I used mine 3x on the JK doing White Whale a couple of weeks ago and it never faltered. The one on the Gladiator has been used around the yard for various tasks and recently as this morning in fallen tree removal on the highway.

Back