Winching

BadMagoo

Howdy,
I'm looking for a winch and need a little help picking one.

Current: 00 TJ 4.0L Stock + Rocker Panels (100lbs)
Will be putting on a warn front bumper, garvin rear bumper/tire carrier, maybe a roof rack. I'll add some skid plates too. 35" tires at some point.

With all this weight, will a 9000lb winch be enough?
I'm looking at the Warn Tabor 9k b/c I found one for $479 free shipping. Sounds like a deal, but if its not going to do the job well, might need to up it to a 9500+?

I don't want a front end ornament, but I don't want an extreme winch that can pull me vertically up a rock wall either(don't have the money).

Thanks,
Brandon

It will work just fine.

My brother has the Warn Magnum 9000 (same as the tabor before D.C. sued them and made them change the name). It has been a very good winch, not quite as fast as my 9500 warn but for the money it's hard to beat.

Sam(slim)

I just bought the Superwinch 9000 used on here and tried it for the first time this past weekend at URE. It pulled my '73 EB up slope like a dream. I don't know where Superwinch falls in the winch world but as long as it works I don't care what name is on it. Ramsey and Warn are probably the best names but they even sell a good, better, best of there own winches. Money well spent!

Back