Winkler Knives

Banned User

Our if curiosity, anyone in here fans of Winkler Knives? Local to NC and big supporter of both military and LEO. I know a lot of people do some wheeling in the area around the shop and I was curious how much the communities overlapped.

I recently saw a buggy driving in Boone with a Winkler strapped to the roll cage and it got my attention.

Id also be curious if anyone here has any older ones they might consider moving?

My favorite knives. I’ve had a woodsman on my belt for 3-4 years now and constantly abuse it and it just takes it like it’s nothing.

I've never had any, but I'm lucky to drive by Winkler Knives Actual on the way to my parents.

Super nice stuff, and I think a 20% discount for LEO/Military helps make his goodies somewhat affordable.

The Woodsman is by far in my top three. Phenomenal design.
I swap between it and a drop point crusher occasionally. And sometimes add a Huntsman in a pocket sheath. The Huntsman is a little on the thick side for its size so I’ve been tempted to thin it out some to make it a better slicer.

I've been eyeballing the Operator.

Also, Dynamis Alliance sells custom Winkler Knives. The Razorback has been in my list of fixed blade candidates.

1720404806445.png

I've been eyeballing the Operator.

Also, Dynamis Alliance sells custom Winkler Knives. The Razorback has been in my list of fixed blade candidates.

View attachment 420673
They’re pretty proud of those aren’t they? Everything on their site is $500 😳

That was my takeaway. Yall got 'spensive tastes lol.

That was my takeaway. Yall got 'spensive tastes lol.
I was more of....y'all change knives like changing underwear.

I've carried maybe 4 different ones for 30 plus years. That includes 2 I lost.

I have small collection and 99 percent stay in a chest. I often wonder why I have them and consider gifting them to nephews and such.

I have small collection and 99 percent stay in a chest. I often wonder why I have them and consider gifting them to nephews and such.

Yea I'm a fan of Gerber paraframes. Been solid for me. I've had 3. Lost one, bent the clip bad on another, and still toting the 3rd. For a sheath knife, I have a skeleton handle 6" buck knife.

Yea I'm a fan of Gerber paraframes. Been solid for me. I've had 3. Lost one, bent the clip bad on another, and still toting the 3rd. For a sheath knife, I have a skeleton handle 6" buck knife.
Same. Lose it or mess it up and you're out $20-30. Fuck losing a $500 knife. That's pistol money.

Same. Lose it or mess it up and you're out $20-30. Fuck losing a $500 knife. That's pistol money.
I have a few collectibles, but that's all rhey are. My late uncle gave me a John deere yellow case peanut, my prized possession. Vouple other nice ones. They stay in the gun safe.

In the firearm community, I would poor shame myself for my take on knives...but in the last 20 years, I've carried 2 knives. Both of them are sub-$50 Brownings...both drop point folders...one with a burled cherry handle and the other with burled walnut handle. They cut and do what they're supposed to do...when they don't, I sharpen them.

Gosh yeah.

I've got a Dynamis Belt which is pretty sweet for CCW. It finally replaced my old Wilderness Belt that I'd been using for 10+ years.

I think the old adage of buy once cry once comes into play here, but I'd still wait for a sale. ;) they did just have a 20% off for the 4th.

Anywho. I think I'll go buy Winkler Knives Actual and fondle some if they got any stock. That might be the way to go. And supporting an old mountain boy is a noble thing.

Gosh yeah.

I've got a Dynamis Belt which is pretty sweet for CCW. It finally replaced my old Wilderness Belt that I'd been using for 10+ years.

I think the old adage of buy once cry once comes into play here, but I'd still wait for a sale. ;) they did just have a 20% off for the 4th.

Anywho. I think I'll go buy Winkler Knives Actual and fondle some if they got any stock. That might be the way to go. And supporting an old mountain boy is a noble thing.
I'm still wearing the handmade leather belt I bought in high school from a fella at the flea market. It's still ridged enough that my 92FS doesn't sag or flop in a pancake holster. Think I paid $30 for it 12 years ago.

I'm still wearing the handmade leather belt I bought in high school from a fella at the flea market. It's still ridged enough that my 92FS doesn't sag or flop in a pancake holster. Think I paid $30 for it 12 years ago.

Well not all of us kept our girlish figure 12 years after high school, some of us got fat with saggy boobs :lol:

Duane

Back