Winter project

93redzj

Dont know if anyone on the board is into motorcycles but thought id share anyways. First, a little history, this is my first bike, my dad bleeds HD black and orange and has tore his old bikes down and rebuilt them from the ground up adding his own touches here and there so he will be there to help and guide me as this is my first build as well. The bike is a 1980 sportster ironhead, im a small guy, 5'4 130lbs so I wanted a smaller bike to ride and felt comfortable with. I really like the looks of old school bobbers so that is what I have decided to build. I had a guy named Kevin who owns his own company "Thumper Customs" in Rock Hill, SC cut my frame and make it a hard tail. I think he did an awesome job, he didnt just weld a hard tail section in, but he bent the tube up and all. Anyway, dont have much done, just have the bike kinda mocked up to get an idea of whats going on. Still have loads of work to do but thought id share the project with you guys/gals see what yall thought.

How it started out

Attachments

• sportster 001.jpg
    sportster 001.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 274
  • sportster 006.jpg
    sportster 006.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 221
  • sportster 010.jpg
    sportster 010.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 208
The initial tear down

Attachments

• sportster 017.jpg
    sportster 017.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 172
  • working on bike.jpg
    working on bike.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 191
  • sportster 012.jpg
    sportster 012.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 189
The frame when I picked it up

Attachments

• frame 003.jpg
    frame 003.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 189
  • frame 006.jpg
    frame 006.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 200
  • frame 004.jpg
    frame 004.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 192
cool build. Id love to find a good old cb750 and do this!

That will look great. You might miss that soft ride after a few miles but you gained the hrad ass cool factor....awesome:beer:

thats sweet. its also my next project, buying an older stock bike and either modifying the frame or building a new frame with all the other components.

Nice.

Back