WirelessAir opinions

YotaOnRocks

I'm finally adding bags to the back of my dodge. Was looking at the wireless air system from Air Lift. Anybody use one of these systems? Or have any other suggestions?

No feedback or suggestions, but interested in this also. Gonna add bags to my F250 so it will be nearly half as good as Shawn's Cummings.

Looks good.

It's basically a remote controlled version of every other indepent dual air bag controller.. compressor is probably the same quality as any other of similar design.

Too fancy. Just put regular bags on it and two air chucks on the bumper.

Gonna add bags to my F250 so it will be nearly half as good as Shawn's Cummings.

You're going to have to put bags on it if you want to haul anything. Ford puts really soft springs on them.

You're going to have to put bags on it if you want to haul anything. Ford puts really soft springs on them.
My truck has a gooseneck hitch, but no bags :shaking:

Too fancy. Just put regular bags on it and two air chucks on the bumper.

Do you have on-board air to fill yours or do you use a portable air compressor?

Do you have on-board air to fill yours or do you use a portable air compressor?

All of the above. I usually fill them at the house with the regular compressor, but I have backup options if need be.

Ive put several of these systems on and they are nice. Work well and can be adjusted at anytime even if away from the shop air compressor. with the wireless one you can stand back and pump it up and watch it until it sits like you want. It also has the standard chucks that you can use if the compressor goes out as a back up so theres always the option to use an outside air source without any problems.

For a little less money they have a system that isn't wireless and it has a gauge in the cab with a button to push to add or dump air as needed.

Last edited:
I just recently installed the airlift 5000 setup with the wireless setup on my 2000 f250. It was $631 for everything included the upgraded bags with bumpstops inside them. Was a pretty straightforward install, took a couple hours.

Why in the f&#k i have waited so long yo do it i will never know. I tow everyday with varying loads, some requiring quite a bit of tounge weight, and this fixed any issues. Its great with anything from my light duty mowing trailer to my dump trailer to my 20' tounge heavy equipment trailer (axles are way back there).

The compressor appears a little dinky but its doing the job, it may appear that way due to being in some sort of plastic enclosure. I went ahead and grabbed the wireless kit gor ease of installation and less down time since tgis is my main work truck. I WILL be removing that compressor and adding a hd compressor setup with tank at some point, in which case then i will use the wireless control valve to still operate the air to the bags.

If you would like to check it out holler at me. Well load up the dump trailer and go to the quarry and get 7ton of rock, or load my tractor on tge tounge of the equip trailer and take a ride. I would say its probably close to the best 600 bucks ive ever spent.

I was going to go with the simple $350 kit that you air up manually, but figured for under 600 bucks, the kit with the onboard compressor would be much more convenient.

I was going to go with the simple $350 kit that you air up manually, but figured for under 600 bucks, the kit with the onboard compressor would be much more convenient.

The convenience is well worth the minimal price difference, and thats coming from a cheap sob. Hell i have bags here at the shop and was going to fab up a set, but by the time i thought about it for a couple days i pulled the trigger. I change trailers and loads so frequently i didnt want to screw with it. There are days i change loads 4 or so times delivering equip and then picking up different materials.

I'll show you just the tip of mine first. It's big and black too!
0117172150.jpg

Back