Would this 32ft RV tow 2 TJ's to Moab?

yeah i'd say no way. Those things are gutless by themselves. if it could tow, i'd estimate 4-6mpg at best

I tow with a 28' Class C E450 V10 gasser. When I bought mine I looked into diesels but the tow capacity was lower, due to the engine weight or so I was told. I can easily tow my TJ or ZJ but would never consider pulling both. The transmission couldn't handle it and you'd be almost double your legal tow rating. The real chassis does not extend to the rear of the RV, the manufacturer extends it with 1/4-3/8" plate, if it's like mine, to carry the rear portion of the RV and tow up to 5k. I'm a little over with my TJ and trailer but I also run a weight distribution hitch to help out.

Btw, I get between 10-12 MPG.

So basically this is a class c rig. Would a class a do the trick? Need special license to drive class a? I don't want to rent a jeep. I want my jeep to earn it's Moab badges!

So basically this is a class c rig. Would a class a do the trick? Need special license to drive class a? I don't want to rent a jeep. I want my jeep to earn it's Moab badges!

No special license for class A, but like the class c's its only rated to tow so much, even the diesels. My parents new diesel pusher is rated to tow 10k if Im not mistaken. First trip out to the beach they got around 7mpg towing a buick at 70mph. Towed his RamCharger to Uwharrie and back at 60 and got about the same, havnt seen actual numbers yet.

Duane

I don't want to rent a jeep. I want my jeep to earn it's Moab badges!

If you are into building your own jeep, this is the only way to do it! Plus the rentals are restricted to which trails you can run.

Maybe have the jeep shipped out there

I'm always looking for cheaper ways to get back out there. In the little research I have done (about 20 quotes from shippers) you are looking at roughly $750 shipped each way.

Plus the round trip plane ticket into either Denver, CO or Salt Lake, UT (Gand Junction is too expensive), so say $700 for a pair of plane tickets (cheap!). Then the rental car to and from the shipping location (another $130 or so).

That puts you around $2,400 to ship a single jeep and still 10 to 12 hours of driving (to and from the airport).

Or you can spend the $1000 in gas and put 4,200 miles on the tow rig.

Plus the rentals are restricted to which trails you can run.

The place I rented from had no such restrictions, & after I told them I had wheeling experience they pointed me to some trails I didn't feel comfortable doing in a rental (hell's revenge).

I had a great time in the rental rubicon w/ 32" tires.

The place I rented from had no such restrictions, & after I told them I had wheeling experience they pointed me to some trails I didn't feel comfortable doing in a rental (hell's revenge).
I had a great time in the rental rubicon w/ 32" tires.

With all of the bypasses, Hells Revenge can be pretty easy. It would shock me to see a rental company let their rigs go on Behind the Rocks, or Pritchett, or BFE. Most of the companies I saw had trail lists that you could take their jeeps on.

If you found one without restrictions, I still wouldn't take it on those trails because of the likely damage that could happen.

But whatever- if you have a chance to wheel out there, it will be an experience of a lifetime.

:beer:

This 30 footer would do it though!!

http://www.westsidemotorcoach.com/Renegade_Rentals.htm

awww.westsidemotorcoach.com_Motorhomes_Copy_20of_20146_4635_IMG.JPG

That is not a bad deal for that! Doesn't say if there is a mileage charge though

How many people is going?

Truthfully anyone i can get from around here.... and wanna split the rv cost with me hince tow two rigs hehe......

There's guys on wranglerforum.com that have starting on planning this trip and I'm just trying to get a feel for what is involved.

From what I can tell there getting some momentum and about 10 from across the country have already committed for an event about a year away.

Renting an RV is crazy expensive. And, most have a restriction on what you can tow with the RV if you rent, at most 5K lbs and def not 2 Jeeps!

If you are going out there, there are 2 cheap options:

1. Tow your own junk on a 30' trailer with a diesel truck and rent RV out there
2. Tow your own junk in an enclosed trailer with RV setup inside it.

For the KOH trip last year, I spent at least 12 hours researching all of that crap. The cheapest decision was to tow on my own and rent an RV while out there. Well, a hotel room was cheap, but not by much if you aren't traveling in the RV. Mileage charges are crazy $$$

That's an idea.^ buy bigwoodys 36ft enclosed, haul two rigs out there with regula-ass truck, sleep inside, profit.

I had actually thought about that but the timing just isn't right especiallywith twin newborns. Some day...

Gregg's is sold but I think Will still has his for sale and its already set up with a kitchen, etc.

That is not a bad deal for that! Doesn't say if there is a mileage charge though

The add stated "unlimited mileage" on the second or third bullet I think.

Back