Would You Be Interested???dvd!!!

DOUGHBOYDD2500HD

A friend of mine produces street racing DVD's that are sold Nation Wide. They are kick butt and I have his first one. I was talking with him about doing some 4 wheeling DVD's that were more personal and live and not just some rockcrawling DVD taken by cams and heavy metal music. This would be a DVD that had local guys like us 4 wheeling and in all kinds of different places and all over the US. It would be film from all the major trails and a nice change in the 4 wheeling DVD world. WOULD anyone be interested in this DVD if it was for sale everywhere for like $20. I am trying to see if we can get a good enough response to go ahead and shoot this film and spend the TIME and $$$$$$$$ needed to make it happen. Would you think it would be a hit??? ASK around. ASK all your friends. Ask your local shop if they would carry it. THANKS!!!

KRAWLER

PS> Let me know what response you get. Bye!!

holy crap......this is the first post of yours that i didnt laff at............ :flipoff2:

but yea if it was some local guys that i knew i would buy it........$20 sounds like a good price also :beer:

o k

WOW!!!! This is also the first post of your where you were nice and not being mean and stuff. KOOL!! Well spread the word and lets see what kind of feedback we can get. Post this on websites and other forums. Thanks. I want this to blow up and I know it will be amazing!! Lets spead the word and get this DVD rocking and crawling!! HAHA!!

KRAWLER :D

I think itd be awsome if yall could come up with a DVD thats not just competition footage re edited like most are. You aughta post when your ganna be filming and let everybody come out and wheel, that way you could get a big variety of rigs to shoot.

sounds like a great idea, while the comps are great. Im sure its hard to be on every trail when the action takes place... But if it's public wheeling spots, just keep out the bad footage of drinking and land abuse your friend is likly to see... And if private land clearly indicate that... 'profesional driver, closed course' and all that stuff...

With street racing its on public streets but im sure even the most outraged persons' response isn't; 'close the streets to everyone'..... but with 4x4 the response to anything bad will be 'close the trails and that won't happen'

Sounds like a good idea... let us know when and where...

And yeah, leave out the damn music..

what is the concensus on music? I've made a few DVDs that had it and I was happy with the results. One of the DVDs had a non-music version of the same video. I'd be happy to leave out the music, its tough finding the "right" songs for video!

I've been hesitant to distribute the video to anyone other than the folks on the ride and other club members, for fear of the video getting into the wrong hands even though we were on legal trails.

Gary

its a dvd couldn't you do it like the store bought deals... one with the actual 'live' audio, then a second cut with the hard rock... ?

edit: i dont mind the music, if its to much i hit mute, but its hard to show friends/family what i do and not have them hear the real sounds and talking etc..

Lol!!!

I dont know about this OBX guy but my friend is a PROFESSIONAL and this is what he does for a living and he is already in stores NATION WIDE!!! I want to let him do it!! We can get CRAZY!!! I know it will be GREAT!! I need to get a good response from people and stores before he will go ahead with this DVD!!! It will cost a bunch to do this so he wants to know how many people are interested befor we give it a GREEN LIGHT. Thanks. SPREAD THE WORD and talk to SHOPS and see what you can find out. bye.

KRAWLER

So whats this gig pay ? If the "Professional" is going to be making the $$$, then shouldn't we be getting a percentage ? after all, we will be spending our time and $$$ to put on the show.

You think the groups that put on the crawler comps aren't getting a cut of the video action?

You gonna shoot my junk and make $$$ off it, yer gonna pay me, if I see my junk in a "professional" video for sale and there is no signed paperwork including/excluding me, or my junk, any and all proceeds and rights there of will be mine not long after.

If " This OBX guy" wants to shoot video and such for some folks and charge the cost of materials ( DVD's, maybe a little time ) and distrbute them amongst the particapants for said cost, I'm all over it, but the same goes, if I find said video "FOR SALE" and the paper work isn't there, again, I'm goin for the $$$.

YOU WILL NOT make $$$ off my dumb ass with out me getting a cut.

I'm willing to bet others would agree with me on this.

You still wanna make a movie ?

Kevin

I agree with Kevin. If there's gonna be a lot of " Hey Ya'll, watch 'is" I think the world should pay to see us, The lost art of redneck ism's. And if you throw a cam in front of a group of guys, there will be a show, and carnage. So why should we not collect on our investment of many years of building, current carnage, and abilitys???? Most of us have more in our rigs than he'll ever have in his equipment.

Guys, I don't think any of the pros collect royalties for their minutes of fame.. I, for one, wouldn't really care about "royalties"...

As for carnage? It happens. Part of the game. I'm willing to play!

Seriously, if he had to pay every single person that was in his video it would either:
A have three or four guys throughout the entire video
or B Cost a hundred dollars per store bought copy.
I say when your filming drag out a grill and some burgers with a cooler of drinks and call us even.

DOUGHBOYDD2500HD said:
I dont know about this OBX guy but my friend is a PROFESSIONAL and this is what he does for a living

here you go starting shit again...............from what i recall gary does that stuff for a living also so :flipoff2: with your comments

If your friend would like to PAY myself and others to go wheelin and bring in a professional film crew to make a quality DVD I might be up for that. I'm not going to go wheelin and let myself be filmed and then pimped on the Wal-Mart DVD aisle to line the pockets of some video tycoon for nothing.

Gary

I wheel the same way with or without a camera running, so I could care less. I know a several videos professional and otherwise my junk has shown up in and I never got a dime , heck I never got a free copy or even asked permission to use my junk. It doesn't really matter me if I'm with a couple of friends or a lot of people watching, I like on put on a show for the hell of it. If you're looking for some "hey yall watch this" type action the DPG would be a good local place to go. The last ride we had there, some pretty looking rigs went over or really beat there stuff up trying.
A sample... http://www.fototime.com/users/gmanstone@aol.com/DP 7/16/05

I think I t would be a good thing if you high lighted Different trails and get local clubs to sponser the rides. I think using the real audio could add some comedy and you might have to beep out some words like " I broke the F%#$% D35 axle Again" :)

Sounds like a good Idea

Back