wow!

35xj

ai4.photobucket.com_albums_y122_35xj_truck002.jpg

did a little shopping for the new tow rig yesterday, running this on the performance setting, swapped the factory muffler for a free flowing one. Holly shit! this is way more fun than a 7000lb truck should ever be! plus...I picked up about 2 mpg. Awesome!

welcome to the wonderfull world of diesel High Performance. It only gets better from here.

Hope ya got gauges... ;)

well, i'm in decision now between the BD in cab thing or analog guages. can't decide which way to go. I've not got up the balls to try out the real big numbers. Been running around town in the performance setting. Will put it back to the 40 HP program for the tow to KY this weekend I guess. towing 6K? After driving mine with just the DL'r I cant imagine how these twin'd, injectered, stacked trucks must drive! Any advice on intakes? Whats this BHAF I read about? thanks

I'm running the BD x-monitor on my truck, I love it. I don't have the gauges cluttering up my A-piller, and you can also get a cool down timer for it.

35xj said:
After driving mine with just the DL'r I cant imagine how these twin'd, injectered, stacked trucks must drive! Any advice on intakes? Whats this BHAF I read about? thanks
My business partners 12vCTD just got a custom diesel performance pump that we were told would supply fuel to 850hp(doubt his is near that). I don't have the exact numbers but the flow rate is three times that of a stock pump. It has a much larger turbo/ehaust, yadah yadah..etc. We took it on a test run the other day when it was a little wet on the road and at 70mph shifting into 5th it broke the tires loose when the turbo came in, on dry pavement it was breaking the tires loose in 4th. He actually had to put a higher boost gauge on it to get a good reading and the boost was in the 52-54 psi neighborhood. It really is amazing the differnece a few performance mods make on a diesel truck compared to a gasser. If your truck is under warrenty just remember to detune it before going to the dealership and enjoy your ride.

Back