Wrenching Buddies Needed.

Mudbone

Hope this forum is ok for this. Didn't know where else to put it.

Just wanted to introduce myself and find out who is local to me. My name is Wade and I am in Chatham County near Pittsboro. I am somewhat new to the 4x4 stuff. I have an 01 GMC 1500 Ext Cab with a 6 inch lift on 35s and an 88 3/4 Burb that is stock on 33s. (I am in the market for a 89-91 K5.) I am looking for some folks to work on rigs with. I am close to anywhere in the triangle, Sanford, Siler City, etc. So if you need help with your next project post me up. I also have some up coming projects on the 01 and the Burb that I could use some assistance with. The Burb needs its axles rebuilt, and i haven't done that before, so if anyone in the area is doing a rebuild or a gear swap and needs help with the grunt work in exchange for letting me watch you do the inside stuff, let me know.:huggy:

Too Bad you live so far, i live in Lincoln County (denver), but i as well need some wrenchin buddies. I have an issue with my truck that i cant figure out, possibly someone elses mind could help.

kelloggs_15 said:
Too Bad you live so far, i live in Lincoln County (denver), but i as well need some wrenchin buddies. I have an issue with my truck that i cant figure out, possibly someone elses mind could help.

I'm in Hickory. Maybe I can help?

kelloggs_15 said:
I actually grew up on the other side of the lake. My parents are still outside of Mt. Mourne. What's the problem, I maybe making a visit soon.

ok my problem is: I have a 78 chevy k20 with a 350eng.-350trans.-203t-case. Anyway i have a pretty bad vibration when i accelerate but only on accel. Its comes at about 35-40 mph. The thing is that back when i moved from AZ to NC is when the problem started. My truck did fine till about TN then i started to get a vibration. It got worse as i put miles on, as usually do. Now i was dirt poor when i got here so i couldnt mend my problem i just prayed it wouldnt be terminal. Well it ended up badly, the front driveshaft came out when i was driving and wrecked my trans. Well since i have replaced the trans. and frontshaft. Now that its all togeether the vibration is pretty bad, but like it started in the first place, so what i thought was wrong was the u-joints in the front shaft but i guess not. so i have taken my front hubs apart inspected them, changed all my mounts but im still lost on what else to look at. It is definatly a powertrain vibration i had front diff cover off as well. so if you guys have any ideas i'd appreciate the help. TIA

Nick Fuller

35-40 mph is in the "my tires are way @#$%! out of balance" range... and you've made no mention of the joints in the REAR DRIVESHAFT (the one responsible for transmitting power when in 2wheeeldrive).. unless a 203 is some funky "fulltime" case?
:beer:

yes it is a full time case. But i did replace rear joints right before i left from AZ to NC. I havent balanced the tires but it is a possibility, a quick inexpensive try, just feels differnt then a tire vibration. But i did just get them off an H2 balanced of course and threw em on my truck, but i may have lost a weight along the way i dunno.

kelloggs_15 said:
yes it is a full time case. But i did replace rear joints right before i left from AZ to NC. I havent balanced the tires but it is a possibility, a quick inexpensive try, just feels differnt then a tire vibration. But i did just get them off an H2 balanced of course and threw em on my truck, but i may have lost a weight along the way i dunno.
happened to me before

Back