WTB: old baseball gloves

Blaze

The Jeeper Reaper
My son is starting a little side business refinishing baseball gloves. I taught him how to relace them and how to clean them, so he's starting to look for some cheap ones that he can clean up and redo and resell. Hopefully he might be able to redo gloves for people at some point, but trying to get him good at doing them to resell first.

Looking for ones that are worthwhile to refinish. Wilson A2000/A2K/etc, Rawlings Heart of the Hide, 44s, etc.

Some gloves just aren't worth it to redo and resell, but figured I'd put it out there to see if anyone has anything lying around.

Gives him something to do that involves baseball but is a creative skill. All he wants to do is play baseball, train for baseball, watch baseball videos, play baseball video games, try and spend my money on baseball gear....etc. :lol:

What's a reasonable price point for a glove to make it worthwhile for him to refinish? I've still got the same glove I've had since 1995, but I'll keep an eye out for any deals. I just got my almost 6 year old a used Bradley off Facebook so I've been looking at gloves a lot lately.

What's a reasonable price point for a glove to make it worthwhile for him to refinish? I've still got the same glove I've had since 1995, but I'll keep an eye out for any deals. I just got my almost 6 year old a used Bradley off Facebook so I've been looking at gloves a lot lately.
Probably $50-$75. Seems to be the going price for A2000s in need of refurb. He's finishing up my older son's A2000 right now and it's coming out great, relacing it completely with his school color. Also finishing up another A2000 to resell.

Back