XD9000i wont go back together correctly?

Tacoma747

Got the aluminum pieces re-powdercoated, now the motor won't fit tight up against the winch itself, and the endcap on the end of the motor won't fit tight either. Can't figure out what is wrong, there weren't any seals that I know of, and I am pretty sure I put it back together correctly, the gaps are pretty big, maybe 1/8". I have not tried to tighten the bolts down, because I don't want to strip them out, I would rather get the motor tight how it is supposed to be THEN put the bolts in (the two long 7" ones).

Any suggestions, anybody that lives nearby with an xd9000i mind if I take a look at theirs?

Thanks

my guess is that the powdercoating is stopping the motor from seating all the way in. you may have to grind some of it away.

Any suggestions, anybody that lives nearby with an xd9000i mind if I take a look at theirs?
Thanks

JT just bought one. He lives in Summerfield. Shoot me a pm if you want his number.

DK

wheni had mine apart the anguagement lever had moved some and things wernt going all the way in. I had to align the lever to fit in the internal slide coupler as its went back togther.. I seem to remember the little square 'drive shaft' inside is doesnt enguage the drive planets until the thing is almost back together, so make sure it oriented right to slide in.

Got it back together and mounted up, works fine too. The motor tightened down fine, just had to be tightened, would not sit flush on it's own. There was also something else that was keeping the winch from having a perfect 10" bolt pattern, it was about 10 3/16", but I took the motor off and put a pipe clamp on it (not too aggressively), then put the motor back on and it was about 10 1/16" so I went with it.

Got it on the truck, works fine, so once I get my other tube on going through the grille to the frame, I will put the rope on and be ready to roll.

Back