Xj crank issues, help

Kory

I have a 1999 XJ and it will no longer crank. The battery died so it sat for about a year. New battery and will not crank, it turns over, starter spins the engine, I can smell Gass in the exhaust, but will not fire. Before it sat it was cranking very ruff and running ruff randomly. I have changed the crank sensor, cam sensor, checked fuses& changed a couple relays just for good measure. Just is acting like no spark. Any help would be great.

Is the fuel over a year old or have you replaced it? Have you tried ether to see if it hits?

Pull a spark plug hook the plug wire back up to it and lay the plug on something metal on the engine so you can see it while cranking or have someone spin it over. Or does this have coil packs?? I can’t remember when they switched over.

thank you all for your suggestions and assistance
I have fuel, i can smell it on the exhaust as its turning over, Yes the fuel is old. Confirmed that i have pressure at the rail on the engine.
I took suggestions and confirmed that I am not getting spark. I have ordered a new coil pack as i have had to replace it around 12 years ago. I will update once that is replaced.

thank you all for your suggestions and assistance
I have fuel, i can smell it on the exhaust as its turning over, Yes the fuel is old. Confirmed that i have pressure at the rail on the engine.
I took suggestions and confirmed that I am not getting spark. I have ordered a new coil pack as i have had to replace it around 12 years ago. I will update once that is replaced.

Back