Yikes!!

sounds like his gas pedal stuck, or the cable came off. Man I thought he was gonna plow that woman over! :eek:

Looks like he was knocked out on that backwards flip twist impact. What do you think?

yeah he lost conciousness, you can see him flopping around in the rig, and either his foot was on the gas or the cable stuck....

Dude that was crazy! He was sooo knocked out! Bobble Head.

That was WICKED... it almost looked liked he did drive over the person who tripped right at the very end. I guess he was ok/the person standing at the EMT talking with the cop?

Was this from the competition going on right now?

Sam

Seriously after having watch a few in person, it is sceary how close people really get to the action... I'm surprised they havn't mandated a motor kill system like many other forms of motorsport require...

yager said:
Seriously after having watch a few in person, it is sceary how close people really get to the action... I'm surprised they havn't mandated a motor kill system like many other forms of motorsport require...

yeah but lots of rigs take hits like that a lot. how could you determine a kill situation from just a bad drop off a ledge. this was just a bad accident.

that was crazy.. yea he looked like he was joking. but those comp rock dudes are NUTZ anyways. that's what I wanna be when I grow up :flipoff2:

I work(ed) for a NEUROC/WEROC team, and I think the biggest problem here is people are not tightening down thier seatbelts enough.

I see this from a paramedic point of view, as well as a buggy builder point of view.

From what i have heard, (friends at the event), he knocked himself out hitting his head on the steering wheel, and in the slow motion, you can see him flailing around in there alot. If you have ever looked in a comp buggy, your seat belts need to be very loose to hit your head on the steering wheel... its a long ways away.

You have four point belts for a reason... make them tight!

Race cars are different because you dont have to look all around like you do in a buggy, but loose belts are not worth the seeing if they are going to cause injury, IMHO.

I'll get off of my soapbox, it has just been a rather hotly contested issue around the shop.

orangecherokee said:
yeah but lots of rigs take hits like that a lot. how could you determine a kill situation from just a bad drop off a ledge.

I'd say after it drove over the first buggy would have been a dandy time to kill the engine.

Whoa! I think remote kill would be a good idea........but dayum......I am going to be in a comp one day........(believe it bitches :flipoff2: ) hopefully that wont be me

Josh

Back