YJ half door locks?

Jeffncs

Good morning!

I installed some 1995 YJ half doors in my CJ7 but the passenger door locks me out occasionally (no keys) and it’s a royal PIA the take the panel off to pull the internal rods to open it.

Here’s my issue - I can’t find the right locks. They’re all either for CJs or for full hard door YJs. I do t want to order blindly... any ideas?

Thanks!

Can you take them to a locksmith and have a key made? Or have them rekeyed to your ign key?

Can you take them to a locksmith and have a key made? Or have them rekeyed to your ign key?

I called a few different locksmiths. 2 said “nope”. The 3rd said “yes at $30/core”. I just ordered replacement cores for $30, so hoping they work!

I honestly don’t even care about locking the doors (soft top), I just want to use the door handles!

I’ll keep you posted.

I called a few different locksmiths. 2 said “nope”. The 3rd said “yes at $30/core”. I just ordered replacement cores for $30, so hoping they work!

I honestly don’t even care about locking the doors (soft top), I just want to use the door handles!

I’ll keep you posted.

Can you just disconnect the locking tab/lever from the handle, so they cant lock?

Good thought, but unfortunately the lever fall down to lock, so it wants to lock... not stay unlocked. I could wire it up, it I’m going to try the new cores. If they don’t work, I’ll pull the rod off of wire up open.

it’s a safety issue not being able to get out...

@NickMaul it’s a “I hate doors thing!!” I actually ran my EB doorless too, but stepped up to SS hinges which were designed to be removable similar to Jeep doors. They were $$ but made my life easy!

Truth be told I only wanted to fix the door so my kids can get out!

My wife would kill me for starting over again, but I’m looking for another early bronco along with a 65-66 mustang. Going to be living out of a box when she kicks me out!

👹

Back