yj track bar

I have a '94 YJ and Run mine without front or rear track bars. I also run it without the swaybar. I have been doing it for several years. It drives a little different but it is not unsafe. I will add this though. In stock form it will kill you from the wobbles you will get. If you want to run without them make sure you do it in combination with a quality lift. I run a BDS 2" lift and I get no wobbles or steering issues.

There are as many opinions on this as there are people on this board. Dont believe me then join Jeeps-offroad.com and post this question there.:D

No we mean track bars.

They run to the top of the axle. They keep it centered under the Jeep. It has a front track bar and a rear track bar it also has a Swaybar in the front. I removed all three of mine.

I don't run any track bars on a SOA but that can be a wild ride. I ran a track bar once on the front of my SUA YJ but I will warn you of one problem. The "track bar bracket" that is included with most lift kits (really just a bent piece of metal) is really sorry at best. For example, put the "track bar bracket" on the front then drive around for a week. Now have somebody turn the wheel back and forth and watch the bracket flex side to side. I have found this to be very consistent on lifted YJs. I made a beefed up bracket that bolts thru the webbing on the disconnect casting that fixed the problem. And then 6 months later I went SOA...

when i had my YJ i didnt run the rear track bar, but i did run the front with a RE location bracket and ran the swaybars. I did run w/o the front trackbar for about a week, steering was a little sloppier then i liked so i put it back on, but it wasnt horrible

I do not run a front or rear trac bar. No problems.

Yeah I would take a step at a time. Make sure you like what you feel before removing the next item. Some folks do not believe it is a good idea for a daily driver but ok for a trail rig.

Back