Your Thoughts on a 2000 Dodge Dakota

RedKudu

Good Evening,

I'm new to the board and I was hoping some of you guys could offer a little guidance.

I've owned trucks before ('88 Mitsubishi Montero Sport) but I recently bought my first truck that wasn't dead before it became mine. I found a 2000 Dodge Dakota Quad Sport R/T with 24K miles. The person who sold had kept it in emaculate condition, and never put it in 4WD.

Here are some quick specs.

*5.9L V8 Magnum
*It has the NV 242 (Full time 4wd, 4 HI, 4LO, N)
*It has the Factory 'Sport' suspension
*Factory Brush guards, running boards/nerf bars
*3.92 axle ratio (Nice torque! It could tear my house down :)

I'm currently shopping for a winch, I've pretty decided on either the (warn) Tabor 12K or the WARN XD9000i.

My father in law has almost this exact same truck (with the V6 magnum) and has taken it everywhere....including Tate's hell in Florida during the rainy season.

He has no problems with his, and I've loved mine so far. It's given me no trouble in the gamelands, our farm roads or on the north end of CB/FF.

I'm looking forward to stepping it up a little bit....but within reason.

Has anyone had any experience with these trucks? Anything I should look out for? Anybody in SENC?

Here's a little background on me. I grew up near Randleman, NC went to college in Wilmington and never left. I'm fairly mechanically inclined. As much as I enjoy the little "off roading" I've done, I don't think 4x4 will replace my one passion now.... my Ducati ST4s. :wheel:

dont have any experince with them..but sounds like a fun truck to have...i would go with the 9000i..its what i got on my truck..great winch

Back