Youtube vids aren't showing up

You all suck at teh internets.

The forum won't let you post raw html, and for good reason. If it did, you'd all get viruses and it would be my fault.

Edit your posts to see the proper way to embed a youtube link. The trick is to find the alphanumeric identifier that Youtube assigns to a video and put that between youtube brackets.

Like so:

PHP:
[media=youtube]Su8P1aXb891[/media]

You all suck at teh internets.

The forum won't let you post raw html, and for good reason. If it did, you'd all get viruses and it would be my fault.

Edit your posts to see the proper way to embed a youtube link. The trick is to find the alphanumeric identifier that Youtube assigns to a video and put that between youtube brackets.

Like so:

PHP:
[media=youtube]Su8P1aXb891[/media]

Was this a change made here or by Youtube, Because this is how I have always done it. But I know what to look for now.

I'm not sure what your question is... but you've always had to post them that way on the forum.

Youtube has three or four different ways it points to videos, depending on what you're doing.

Huh.

I have no idea why that works. Basically, the youtube code is putting all the shockwave object commands around the little identifier code... so I'm guessing that youtube is (sometimes?) smart enough to know what to do even when some of the code is duplicated.

It worked for all videos until like a month ago, I thought it was just a fluke on one video I tryed to link, But when I saw Ricky's post, I tried a few random ones and there only working like you posted them. Which is weird because if the site (here) changed, then shouldn't the older videos stop working, or did You tube add something to there code that the site is blocking. If I remember correctly youtubes layout changed about the same time.

We haven't changed anything regarding how the video code is parsed... so it's probably on them.

I'm still lost.:(
***GOT IT! Thanks foreman1063.

Just paste the last part of the youtube address(every thing behind the = sign) between the youtube tags.

Back