Zj brake line fittings

98zjstroker

So I ordered some IRO extended brake lines for the zj, long story short when trying to get the olde lines off the fittings stripped. I ordered a flair kit and 3/16 fittings. But when I tried to test fit the new fittings onto the new brake lines from IRO they wouldn't thread.

I emailed IRO asking about the thread size and pitch thinking they might be different and they said that "The thread size and pitch on IRO brake lines are the same as factory. A standard 3/16 brake line flare nut will fit in the IRO brake hoses"

Are there not multiple different thread pitches for the same 3/16 hard line? I mean the size at the master cylinder apear to me a different size then at the soft line. Any help would be appreciated.

So I ordered some IRO extended brake lines for the zj, long story short when trying to get the olde lines off the fittings stripped. I ordered a flair kit and 3/16 fittings. But when I tried to test fit the new fittings onto the new brake lines from IRO they wouldn't thread.

I emailed IRO asking about the thread size and pitch thinking they might be different and they said that "The thread size and pitch on IRO brake lines are the same as factory. A standard 3/16 brake line flare nut will fit in the IRO brake hoses"

Are there not multiple different thread pitches for the same 3/16 hard line? I mean the size at the master cylinder apear to me a different size then at the soft line. Any help would be appreciated.
Yes there are several different threads and flair types that are 3/16 or 4mm but without having it in hand (a picture might work) I couldn't tell that it is . I do believe that Jeep used some odd fitting on them.

Yes there are several different threads and flair types that are 3/16 or 4mm but without having it in hand (a picture might work) I couldn't tell that it is . I do believe that Jeep used some odd fitting on them.
Thats what I thought. I guess I will just run by the auto parts store and see what fits

Ok so I picked up fittings that will work. But I have never flared out brake lines, can anyone tell me if the need to be single or double flared for zjs? Does it even matter?

Back