Zombie Van

Where the hell do these people come from :shaking:

For the Lazy

Idiot on Craig's List said:
Trust me. I don't take you for a blithering idiot, and neither will anyone else when they see you driving this fully developed zombie removal assault van. You're probably thinking to yourself, "Zombies? We don't have a zombie problem." True, but scientists the world over are running wild with research in bio-warfare, advanced medicine, and ionic hairdryers. It is only a matter of weeks before it will start! ...and by 'it' I of course mean the start of a genetic alteration even God himself cannot prevent, nor will his divine thrown over the living and dead be able to control. The LIVING DEAD will rise and feast for our brains! It will start as a news blip from some bumfuck town you've never heard of. A blip you'll hear with your ears and see with your eyes, but you will carelessly toss from your mind as easily as you have forgotten that high fructose corn syrup is making you fat. But ever so soon, the news will turn from blips to a constant siren of horrible stories about a monstrous disease spreading across this great land. By then, it will be too late for most of us. Hoards, once in the hundreds, but now in the millions, will stampede their disease induced flesh rampage onto every street and backyard around the world. Clawing and stomping, tearing and biting, they will bring an end to humanity as we know it, except for the lucky few people who manage to escape in this van!

It will be these few that will lead a battle, using this van as their bladed chariot, that will give hope to the future of the human race. This van will be the salvation of everything we know and love. It will be the centerpiece of stories told by our children's children for years to come. But for now, it's taking up space in my driveway and I could use some extra cash for a motorcycle.

The van is a 1978 GMC Gypsy Vandura. It has a 292 cu. in. Goodwrench straight six that was installed in the late 80's. The motor has about 20K miles on it and the rest of the rig has about 130K miles. The two previous owners before me were father and son, and drove it very little. They used it as a work van. Since buying it, I've installed an interior and all the zombie gear. The paint is solid, but is very crappily done (i.e. good polyurethane paint/primer but was hand brushed on?). Here's the breakdown:

Good:
-Reads " NC CDC - US Department of Zombie Removal" on each side of the van.
-Solid motor with a holley fuel controller (carb was replaced with an injector)
-New alternator (100 miles on it)
-Fresh brake job (turned rotors/drums, new pads, repacked wheel bearings) (20 miles ago)
-New Brake booster
-New tires front, Long life huge tires rear (bfg all terrain T/A 31X9.5)
-I have two spare rims for another set of large tires if you want to make matching sets
-New water pump gaskets/thermo gaskets, new thermostat
-heat works great
-new CD/MP3 player with external ipod/mp3 player input
-600W MTX amp with 12" subwoofer (i have a spare sub to throw in as well)
-New pioneer two way speakers (4 of them and they are LOUD)
-New Roof mounted fog lamps (Yellow)
-Barbed wire, gas can, camouflage pop tent stored on roof
-Interior upgrades including nice pegasus and unicorn paintings, wood paneling, and a bench seat that folds into a bed with storage.
-Side mount cherry bomb exhaust!
-New Shocks all around to Gildan heavy duty, and new sway bushings.
-new rear roof pop vent and luxary head liner.

Bad:
-The power steering fluid reservoir outlet hose leaks a bit. I've just been topping off the reservoir every so often since I've owned it and haven't felt compelled to fix it.
-Other people will be jealous of your safety and preparedness.

Gotta give him some credit, It is a creative way to sale a van

it's coming.......you'll see.........it IS coming........................

<--has several thousand rounds of ammo, several guns, food, water, clothing, 2 tents, 2 way walkies, cb, and other necessities stored up.

ok, i'm just a weird guy with fun toys, but hey...there MIGHT be zombies one day!

you know,it might not be a bad idea to be prepared for a zombie attack.

Monday,JoeD(on the board) and myself went to White Owl parts in Kinston to pick up a rear end for a project I am doing.I took Joe on the 5 dollar tour of the place and in the back,I swear we found the same containers as what fell off the truck in "Return of the Living Dead".There were about 20 of them and of course Joe started farting with one and I hollered at him noit to do that.Damned 2 skull gardens are right around the corner from there and I know we would be in a hell of a fix if just one zombie got out much less 20 of the basturds.

Back