Looking for a new place to go wheel? Here are a few. We've tried to provide as much information as possible for each venue, but if you find something is out of date or if you'd just like to help us flesh out the list, click here and let us know.
- Vanguard's Google Map of Wheeling Spots
- Georgia Trailriders' ORV Trail Google Map
- Steve83's Google Earth KMZ Files
- Choccolocco Mountain, Jacksonville, AL www.choccoloccomountain.com
- Gray Rock OHV, Mt Olive, AL Gray Rock ORV Park FB Page
- Hale Mountain OHV Park, New Market, AL www.halemountainohvpark.com
- Hawk Pride Mountain Off-Road, Tuscumbia, AL www.hawkpridemountainoffroad.com
- Mountainside Offroad Park, Gadsden, AL
- Morris Mountain, near Anniston, AL www.morrismountainorv.com
- Stoney Lonesome ORV Park, Cullman, AL www.stonylonesomeohv.us
- Wilborne Offroad, near Hanceville, AL
- Anderson Creek OHV Area, near Amicalola Falls State Park SFWDA Trail Report. Closed by the Forest Service in 2003.
- Beasley Knob near Blairsville, GA Forest Service Website
- Durhamtown Plantation, Union Point, GA. www.durhamtown.com
- Rich Mountain Road, near Ellijay, GA SFWDA Trail Report Closed by the Forest Service in 2004.
- River Rock ORV, Milledgeville, GA riverrockorv.com
- Black Mountain Off-Road Adventure Park (Harlan), Evarts, KY
8,000 acre ORV park on former coal mining and timber land. Over 150 miles of trails.
Directions: To Harlan, KY from Hickory, NC
I-40 to I-26 north (Asheville) I-26 turns into I-181 I-181 to US-23 at Kingsport US-23 to US-421 North Follow US-421 to Harlan, KY Right onto KY-38 east to Evarts, KY This way is 45 miles shorter than the route through Tazwell, TN, but there are a lot more long grades to pull. It is also more scenic and has less traffic. If Black Mtn on I-40 slows you down and works your vehicle more than you want, take: I-40/I-81N/US-25E N/US-119N to Harlan.
Harlan County Trails Official Website SFWDA Trail Page, includes map excerpt Kentucky Mountain Crawlers is the local 4wd club. Additional information, including area attractions, events, and accommodations is available on their site. Harlan County Ridge Runners is the local ATV club. They are also heavily involved with maintaining and promoting the park.
- D&K Off-Road Park, Manchester, Kentucky www.dandkoff-roadpark.com
- Hillz n Hollarz, Lockport, Kentucky www.hillznhollarz.com
- Catahoula Recreation, near Sicily Island, LA www.dirtbikeatvrecreation.com
- Barnyard Boggers, Fulton, Mississippi www.barnyardmudboggers.com
- Brown Mountain, north of Morganton, NC Thirty-four total trail miles, primarily for use by dirt bikes and ATVs. Six miles of trail are open to four-wheel drive use. Directions: From Morganton, take NC 181 north about 11 miles toward Linville. Turn right on Brown Mountain Beach Road (SR 1405) at a small wooden church on the right. Go 3.5 miles east to the Brown Mountain entrance on the left at the sign. Brown Mountain ORV Map from US Forest Service
- Carolina Backwoods, Ash, NC, www.carolinabackwoods.com
- Devils Playground (DPG), Silver Valley, NC This is private property maintained by the Mud Devils 4x4 club. Access is invite only, but open weekends are offered several times a year. Plenty of parking for tow rigs and trailers. More information available at the Mud Devils 4x4 website.
- Durhamtown Tellico, Murphy, NC. 3,000 acre private park near the former site of the Tellico OHV area. www.durhamtowntellico.com
- The Flats, Marion, NC This is private property maintained by the Rock Corps 4x4 club. Contact Jason @ 828.442.7932 to schedule a group ride. Do not wheel without permission. Open events are typically posted in the Upcoming Events section. Easy access from the highway, plenty of parking for tow rigs, trailers, and RVs.
- Freeman Park, north of Carolina Beach, NC Daily/Yearly Access Fee. Beach camping permitted. CNC 4x4's Trail Page
- Fort Fisher, south of Carolina Beach, NC
Licensed four-wheel drive vehicles may travel on the beach in designated areas for access to excellent surf fishing. Daily/seasonal fee per vehicle. Portions of the area subject to seasonal closures due to wildlife habitat protection. Contact the park office for current conditions.
Location: Fort Fisher State Recreation Area is located in New Hanover County, five miles south of Carolina Beach off US 421. It may also be reached from Brunswick County via the Southport-Fort Fisher ferry, which crosses the Cape Fear River.
- Outer Banks (Cape Hatteras National Seashore)
Approx. 70 miles of barrier island beach access. Portions subject to seasonal or permanent wildlife closures as well as night driving bans. Consult the National Seashore website or Park Office for current closures and access limitations.
Links: Cape Hatteras National Seashore website Additional Outer Banks resources CNC 4x4's Trail Page
- The Rock Garden, Lincolnton, NC Invite only, public/open invites, info posted for each event.
- Uwharrie National Forest (URE or UNF), Troy, NC
Sixteen miles of trail for use by four-wheel drive vehicles and ATVs. Only licensed vehicles may travel on numbered forest roads. Area is open from April 1 to December 15. Day or season pass required for each vehicle.
Directions: I40/I85 to 210 (Future I73) West on Rt.49, South on SR109 Travel Times: Charlotte to Uwharrie: 1hr (60mi) Greensboro to Uwharrie: 1hr (50mi) Raleigh to Uwharrie: 2hrs (100mi)
Links: UwharrieInfo forum run by Janet Becker Eldorado Outpost CNC 4x4's Trail Page Don and Darlene Custer's Uwharrie Map Simplified Badin Lake ORV Map by DRaider90 Arrowhead Campground Map by DRaider90
- Rausch Creek Off Road Park, Tremont, PA About 30-35 miles south of Paragon on Interstate 81 in PA. Great place, friendly operator. www.rauschcreekoffroadpark.org
- Gulches ORV Park, Laurens, SC www.gulchesorvpark.com
- Carolina Adventure World, Winnsboro, SC 2600 acre ATV and dirt bike park with over 100 miles of trails. carolinaadventureworld.net
- 143 Offroad, Hurricane Mills, TN http://143offroad.com (appears to be closed at the moment)
- Adventure Offroad Park, South Pittsburg, TN www.adventureoffroadpark.com
- Brimstone Recreation Area, Huntsville, Scott County, Tennessee www.brimstonerecreation.com
- Callalantee Off-Road Park (aka High Country ATV), Mountain City, TN. Permanently closed.
- Chinquipin Off-Road Park, Sneedsville, TN www.chinquipinoffroad.com
- Coal Creek OHV (or Windrock), Oliver Springs, TN www.coalcreekohv.com
- Coon Creek ORV Park, Dyersburg, TN www.ccorv.com
- Golden Mountain OHV Park, Sparta TN www.goldenmountainohvpark.com
- Mayhem Offroad Park, near Viola, TN (no website yet, contact firstname.lastname@example.org for info)
- Rocky Top OHV Park (Jellico), Duff, TN www.rockytopohvpark.com
- Turkey Bay OHV at Land Between the Lakes www.lbl.org/OHVTrails.html
- Wheelin in the Country (or Summertown), Lawrenceburg, TN www.wheelininthecountry.com
- Wooley's Offroad, near Lewisburg, TN www.woolysoffroad.com
- Big Dogs Off Road, Winchester, VA This is a private venue offering trail ride weekends four to five times a year. www.bigdogsoffroad.com
- Crozet, near Crozet, VA This is private property maintained by the RCFPA. www.rcpfa.com CNC 4x4's Trail Page
- Hatfield-McCoy Trails, eight trail systems spread over West Virginia. 4wd, ATV and UTV trails. Day pass required. See the Hatfield-McCoy website for details. www.trailsheaven.com