Basketball card value

skyhighZJ

Gov retirement < needs to live
Digging through old stuff from my childhood and came across an unopened case of SkyBox USA basketball trading cards from 1994. Anybody on here deal with this stuff or know anybody who might have a clue. It is 100% unopened in the factory cellophane.
image.jpg

I think ebay ruined the trading card market. Because all of a sudden all those cards that the guy at the baseball card shop said were "rare", you could go online and buy at any time. And if you could do that, then they lost the mystique, and all they really had was mystique anyway.

Last edited:
I've got so many freaking sports cards from the late 80's and early 90's. I come from a non-sports family, and I had zero interest, but everyone kept giving me them.

I wish they had value, but I've always been told that once cards hit mass production it was hard to get much worth out of any of them now.

In general…anything 80’s or newer is worthless, unless you have that one rookie card with that one error or game used fragment in it. Even if it’s 70’s and older or that super special newer card…to get any money, you’ll need it graded so you can even make it worth your while on eBay…otherwise consign it to a card dealer. The card dealer typically isn’t competing with 100 other listings just like it, and tend to still carry a but more of premium because of the rush from the thrill of the hunt.

Back