Xtra Jeep Build Thread

Sorry for the normal pace this past week. Had too much life to take care of. Finally got back to it a little bit today. Thanks to @Jeff B for hooking me up with some exhaust parts, a bygawd FLOWMASTER!
IMG_2687.jpeg

IMG_2688.jpeg

Also finished up the sound damping on the backend, and combo sound damping/insulation on the roof.
IMG_2691.jpeg
IMG_2692.jpeg

The rear bumper was looking pretty rough.
IMG_2690.jpeg

@Jeff B also hooked me up with a stock rear bumper in pretty good condition.
IMG_2689.jpeg

I put about a dozen coats of spray on bed liner on it. We will see how it looks in daylight and holds up in use.
IMG_2693.jpeg

Also played around under hood. Replaced the air filter, the spark plugs, and added the missing electric fan. Nopics, but the spark plugs seem to have fixed the stumbling under full throttle at ~2000rpm. Now she runs like a scalded dog ! :D

I'm glad you can put them to use.

So the sweet detached exhaust dangling down apparently does a great job of cleaning the diff housing :laughing:
IMG_2701.jpeg

This was the agenda for this afternoon
IMG_2700.jpeg

One of these is purdier than the other…
IMG_2703.jpeg

I’ve had this odd shaped Husky ratchet for years, and never knew why it had such a bend and a flex head and unusually long handle until today. It’s made for XJ bumper bolts!
IMG_2704.jpeg

IMG_2705.jpeg

And they went on a lot easier.
IMG_2706.jpeg

The exhaust that was on there had these neck downs at both ends of the muffler.
IMG_2709.jpeg

Ended up making a frankensystem with some of what I had, and some of what Jeff gave me.
IMG_2710.jpeg

IMG_2711.jpeg

IMG_2712.jpeg
IMG_2713.jpeg
IMG_2714.jpeg
IMG_2715.jpeg

I’m pretty pleased with how it turned out. Sound is good without being loud.

Also bled the brakes, and replaced the sway bar bushings and front bump stops.
IMG_2718.jpeg

Last edited:
That shackle angle looks like a rough ride.

That shackle angle looks like a rough ride.
That was flying in the air on the lift, but I also have no idea what it should be.

Here it is laden:
IMG_2740.jpeg

1710720040441.png

Should I move it forward a slot or two?

Spring looks rather Flat. Should ride good, but might not carry much weight. Would shackle angle effect that?
The shackle relocation changes the angle a bit. These are stock height springs, and the front uses the same hole/mount on the frame, but the rear is dropped down about about 5-6” so the spring is sitting slanted down at the rear by about 5-6”. They are also relatively flat, and I don’t need it to carry a ton of weight either. Well, actually about one ton, but not much more :D

IMG_2716.jpeg
IMG_2717.jpeg
IMG_2707.jpeg
IMG_2708.jpeg
I’m starting to get quite a collection of XJ parts so if anyone needs anything, speak up.
Rear bumper and receiver hitch are free. Axles and stock rear springs are spoken for by @Van-go I believe (not sure if he wants the D35 rear or front springs). Make offer on anything else you see.

Slow progress lately, but got the headliner done, ordered new carpet, and started getting it installed (with a BUNCH of cutting/trimming)

IMG_2765.jpeg
IMG_2775.jpeg
IMG_2779.jpeg
IMG_2780.jpeg
IMG_2781.jpeg
IMG_2782.jpeg
IMG_2783.jpeg
IMG_2798.jpeg

I know its a little late, but Barnes has the center console bracket too.

I know its a little late, but Barnes has the center console bracket too.

Now that woulda been worth it. But JB welded it up for me, haha. And of course I put the console back in and forgot the rear HVAC vent pipe :rolleyes:

Looks great bud
Just to make sure there is no misunderstanding, I got the headliner done (by someone else). But it turned out great, and everything else is looking good too. Don't want to take credit for someone else's work if that is what you are implying.

Just to make sure there is no misunderstanding, I got the headliner done (by someone else). But it turned out great, and everything else is looking good too. Don't want to take credit for someone else's work if that is what you are implying.
No mis-credit taken. Your attention to detail and understanding of interior details knows no bounds.
Or some shit like that

No mis-credit taken. Your attention to detail and understanding of interior details knows no bounds.
Or some shit like that
On the other hand, I'm a total tard, and sprayed the radio surround with acetone to wipe dust off, and it fubar'd the finish...
1711468701269.png

Last edited:
Send a pic to Ryan. He can fix that too.
I can also just pick one up for $20. Or spray paint it black or pink. His time has value, and I'm sure it's worth more than that, haha.

Put the front seats in last night.
IMG_2815.jpeg

Got all the headliner trim and some lights and speakers back in this evening. Then finished the rear carpet.
IMG_2826.jpeg
IMG_2827.jpeg
IMG_2828.jpeg
IMG_2829.jpeg

It turned out good, but was a bit more work than I expected. None of it had holes anywhere, and there was a bunch of extra that had to be trimmed off. The molded form was pretty much the right shape. And finding holes you forgot about is a pain. :D

Back