3" lift kit.

MadAR15

http://rustysoffroad.com/mm5/mercha...duct_Code=RK-300B-TJ&Category_Code=sus_tj_kit

vs

http://www.roughcountry.com/jeep_tj_3.html

After researching, I decided that a 3" lift would suite me fine.

Given the different kits, these 2 are in my budget and should be fairly easy to install with an experienced friend to install one weekend.

My 97 TJ is 100% stock, so upgrading with the rough country set up, I was looking to upgrade some of the other parts.

So what would the better set up be? I want to be able to wheel most of Uwharrie, I can do wolf's den with some mud on it. I plan on running 31" tires mainly, but possibly going up to 33's.

I vote Rough Country. I have replaced every Rustys part on my jeep basically. Their service is not always the best. Both Kits have about the same stuff.

rough country is having a sale on there 4 in lift kits for 100 bucks more you get another inch and thats what i got on mine and im very happy with it but i bought mine used and it does sag a little in the front but if you want to go higher there is alot less to change from 4 to 6 than it is from 3 to 6

IMHO they are two completely diff lifts ride wise. Now I can't stand by that 100% since its been years since I had either.
My tj flexed fairly well with the rustys
n22205140_37653858_831814.jpg

n22205140_37653844_195927.jpg

know these are pretty bad pics but there wasn't an abundancy of digital cameras when these were taken haha. The rough country was just too stiff for me and the rustys was alil soupy. I never had much of a problem with the parts on either but then again they were both very basic lifts

You get what you pay for. You spend 300 on a lift your not going to get a good ride/performance. If I was going to do another catalog lift I'd spend the $ on something I would be happy with. Otherwise you are just throwing away $

i go with a 2 inch spacer or save your money and get a good lift, the rough country x series lift is a great lift but its almost $1000 if you go 3 or more i think you need upper and lower control arms,

i am a dealer for rough country so i am little bias but i have installed and rode in many tjs with the 4" kit and i was very pleased with the ride. RC has came a long was lately with there kits. The new X series has currie joints on one end and they are very beffy. also the new 2.2 series shocks are some of the nicest on the market now.

I have a 99 XJ but if im right its basically the same front end.

i like the 300 dollor 3 inch lift. ( RC ) it came with Springs. shocks, and a add-a-leaf. I ended up with some Rustys LCAs to fix the angle on the front end. Im sure if you spend alot more on a better product it will ride better and what not..

but for my DD to and from job sites and to UNF i cant be happier..

i even called a rep from rustys and they sent me some shims for free..

I also have heard alot of better things from people about RC here recently.. back in the day Rc was ok.. but there stepping it up.

Edited: I do wish the shocks were better though.. its a decent ride. but better shocks im my Opinion would make it alot better.

:beer: Sorry if im just rambling.

I am working on a deal for a 3 inch rubicon express with out the shocks.

If I hear back from the guy soon, I will have to find some shocks.

But my stock is in bad shape just from DD work. I have 168k miles on, with only 20 or so of actual off road.

I am working on a deal for a 3 inch rubicon express with out the shocks.

If I hear back from the guy soon, I will have to find some shocks.

But my stock is in bad shape just from DD work. I have 168k miles on, with only 20 or so of actual off road.

Got the Rubicon Express kit today, and 4 ES3000 Pro Comp shocks.

Going to install Friday night with an experienced friend in return for beer and food.:huggy:

It is done. Turned out to be closer to 4inches or so. I can now fit a beer can with plenty of room under the fenders, which was at 3 1/2 inches of space.

Thanks to JDub.

Front disconnects.

LOL

Back